Home

Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #41
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

Real-Time Physics

nuff said....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #42
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Most of my wishes are gameplay related:

1. New physics engine (Or atleast have a TON more animations and make weight a factor)

2. Consecutive hit tackling

3. Complete re-vamp on defense (DL interactions, DE's running a true arc, DB/WR interactions, removal of suction blocking, much better AI in pass coverage including the flats)

4. Better running animations

5. Route based passing and better passing in general (trajectory, ball speed, ability to put touch on the pass, etc..)

6. Hundred of new animations that touch every part of the game (Running, tackling, blocking, hitstick, catching, DL animations, physical DB animations, physical WR animations, LB shed block animations, ball carrier moves, post whistle animations, pre-snap animations) NEW ANIMATIONS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED IN THIS GAME

These are just a few of the things I would like to see in the gameplay department.

I like it. I was just going to say new physics engine but you went above and beyond.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 03-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1
Complete re-vamp on defense (DL interactions, DE's running a true arc, DB/WR interactions, removal of suction blocking, much better AI in pass coverage including the flats)

most important
Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

The outlandish expectations in this topic are mindboggling and explain a lot about why people are always disappointed. Let's be realistic here, if anything phenomenal was coming out this week then there'd be a lot more hype than a lone Twitter update. Expect a few modest but somewhat appealing additions.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
Real-Time Physics

nuff said....
Keep dreaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements, but every time EA comes out, they discuss features and visual enhancements? The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing. We have come to expect so much, that we know the visuals will be good and when they release "features" its just like icing on the cake. EA give us a bowl a icing with a little debbie cupcake and everybody get excited. Dont show me no features, show me some ON THE FIELD GAMEPLAY!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Maybe they will add a lock out feature. Just kidding. I hope to hear some information about franchise
While we'll never see this mode, I'd love to one day see multiple options for owners to act as the competition committee among other things. Be able to make changes to (vote on, as team owners in an online franchise) the game's format like the position of kickoffs, playoff seeding, number of playoff teams and playoff format changes, and be able to consider league expansion or adjustments to the season's length.

Take it a step further and maintain relationships with coaches and other team owners in offline franchise... that OC you fired 2 seasons ago may not be so willing to come back as your head coach... and Scott Pioli may put a little extra into trading up to just above your pick to draft a need both your teams want after outbidding them on a key free agent or two.

All NFL Head Coach kind of stuff, but would be fun (to me) to see it included one day, ether as it's own product or included as an option in a future version of Madden.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
smh.... some of ya too gullible. "New Features"? Am i the only one that notice, when Sony come out with The Show or when 2K comes out with NBA2K that the first thing they discuss is GAMEPLAY enhancements, but every time EA comes out, they discuss features and visual enhancements? The Show and 2K is undoubtedly the best 2 sports games in the history of gaming, but EVERY time they come out, they work hard on improving the gameplay and use it as their marketing. We have come to expect so much, that we know the visuals will be good and when they release "features" its just like icing on the cake. EA give us a bowl a icing with a little debbie cupcake and everybody get excited. Dont show me no features, show me some ON THE FIELD GAMEPLAY!!!!
This is the way it's been for the last three years. EA shows you small stuff from Feb-draft day. The big stuff comes out from Draft day - late July.

I don't see that changing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »