Home

Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #65
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
People have lofty expectations for a teaser video...

I imagine it'll be some gameplay footage if it's like the teaser vids of years past. In the midst of the vid, I think we'll see a few equipment additions, some new animations, the new NCAA lighting, and perhaps an enhancement to Gameflow.
I don't even think there will even be gameplay footage, not from the view we actually play the game from anyways. It'll be a collection of cherry picked shots zoomed in to highlight lighting affects or additions like "animated towels", imo.

Fuel for the Madden hype train but nothing that really represents how the game looks when played...that's what I expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #66
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

I can see it already:

[PGaither84 turns the game on, presses the A button and start button over and over again to get into the game.]

[PGaither84 finally boots the game up, goes into settings and makes changes.]

[PGaither84 plays a game or two of Play Now.]

[PGaither84 goes into game modes, selects Franchise - New Franchise. A pop up come on screen. "New Franchise unavailable do to NFL lockout. Please enjoy more Play now and Madden online multi player."]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I can see it already:

[PGaither84 turns the game on, presses the A button and start button over and over again to get into the game.]

[PGaither84 finally boots the game up, goes into settings and makes changes.]

[PGaither84 plays a game or two of Play Now.]

[PGaither84 goes into game modes, selects Franchise - New Franchise. A pop up come on screen. "New Franchise unavailable do to NFL lockout. Please enjoy more Play now and Madden online multi player."]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

See, this is why OS needs a karma system. +4 billion rep, I just spit Dr. Pepper all over my MacBook.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
What you cite as 'should be the core game, not a feature' are actually complex systems that take a lot of resources to create/maintain/perfect, which is why they are promoted the way they are.
I don't care if they are complex - honestly. Do you think the casual gamer cares about that as well? No, they don't. The consumer doesn't care about how difficult it is to execute something that is so simple as a football tackle. And even if it is a complex tackle, the consumer doesn't care how it's executed. Just do it.

That's what I'm talking about - seriously - just do it. Stop telling me about it with hype, just do it and let me be amazed on my own. It's a football game, right? So, show me the football and shutup. Is that so hard?

I understand if they show a video of a great football tackle - fine - do it. But don't LABEL what technology is supported - I honestly don't care. Just say

"We are working on achieving more realistic tackles this year..."

not

"We are working on achieving more realistic tackles this year by using Pro-Tak Version 2"

Uh - okay. I don't care. Nice tackle.

They've tried to introduce features year after year - and it's honestly backfired on them. On the field features are part of system, okay - but don't hype them up with a title.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 46

i think the teaser vid will reveal....progressive lighting.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I don't care if they are complex - honestly. Do you think the casual gamer cares about that as well? No, they don't. The consumer doesn't care about how difficult it is to execute something that is so simple as a football tackle. And even if it is a complex tackle, the consumer doesn't care how it's executed. Just do it.

That's what I'm talking about - seriously - just do it. Stop telling me about it with hype, just do it and let me be amazed on my own. It's a football game, right? So, show me the football and shutup. Is that so hard?

I understand if they show a video of a great football tackle - fine - do it. But don't LABEL what technology is supported - I honestly don't care. Just say

"We are working on achieving more realistic tackles this year..."

not

"We are working on achieving more realistic tackles this year by using Pro-Tak Version 2"

Uh - okay. I don't care. Nice tackle.

They've tried to introduce features year after year - and it's honestly backfired on them. On the field features are part of system, okay - but don't hype them up with a title.
I totally understand what you are saying and agree, but it's been proven in marketing that hype sells. If there is a new burger commercial on TV and print ads that appears mouth-watering, that is creating hype for people to try the new burger.

Marketing makes those decisions, not developers.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i think the teaser vid will reveal....progressive lighting.
Yes please, I've been asking for this for years.

I'd also take dynamic sidelines (2k8) and dynamic pylons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #72
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

'Chise mode better be revamped because I LIVE on franchise. Obviously these last few years I have been on life support...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »