Home

Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be Shown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

I'm not getting overly excited either. It's waay too early.

It'll be more interesting to read the reaction here at "overreaction sports"......
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #58

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Releases Early Next Week, Several New Features to be S

I'd like to know "who and how many" videos like this reach. This time of year, the guy that picks up Madden so he can play with his favorite team and players isn't out there looking for info on Madden 12. He's probably long past Madden 11.

When you factor in the people the video will reach, it's mostly people that are sports gamers and follow the information as it comes along. In relation to all that actually buy the game, that's a small amount. And this leads me to wonder what exactly will be in this video. You would assume some core gameplay enhancements like better tackling, more blocking scenarios and other on field creations will show themselves. I would not expect something like Gameflow or some other peripheral to be shown to a mass of gamers that want a little more depth.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #59
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I for one feel quite the opposite of many of you guys. I feel like they have a good chance of knocking madden 12 out of the park, especially since madden 11 was madden 10 with new rosters and a few updated visuals and a new commentator. They told us last year they were building the franchise new from the ground up for 12, as well as revamping the game, and that there would not be many ground breaking changes for 2011. We ALL knew that before 11 was even out, but yet everyone acted so surprised like they never even knew. That gives me hope with a lot of time and care put into the game, especially with the guys that worked on Head Coach trying to implement a lot of those things into the franchise mode. This has the potential to be a big year for Madden. NCAA 2011 hit it out of the park, and they look to be building on top of a solid year for 2012, so if the Madden department can follow that path, this is going to be an awesome year of video game football.

I am being optimistic instead of pessimistic. I would be a miserable person if I came on here day in, day out and complained, cried, and moaned about a VIDEO GAME. Give the guys some credit, they try their best to bring us console football, and not a single piece of information other than tuning updates and Surprise onside kicks have been released, and yet people are already throwing in the towel and saying EA SPORTS SUXORZ1!11! Why don't you guys try being patient, and just let the news come and develop opinions off of that? I don't get how one picture comes out, and then people are like "omg another year of sucking it up for EA, I am not buying this year, the same ol same ol, nothing has changed." I don't get that line of thinking when you don't even know what they have done with Madden this year. Give it time people, shesh.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

At this point it is all about presentation and deep franchise mode for me. I really enjoyed Madden 2011's gameplay for the most part. But what put the game on the shelf was the lack of feeling immersed in the NFL and the feeling I was actually part of a true broadcast. That is what 2K11 and The Show 2011 have down to a science.

NCAA 2011 on the other hand made huge strides with their dynasty mode and ESPN presentation. NCAA 2011 was a major hit for me and that title I will play surely play for many years to come.

I am hopeful Ian and crew put it all together for Madden 2012 in the presentation and deep and immersive franchise mode. At this point it is a must. Otherwise Madden will be a pass for me.

One thing I really hope for as well is a player vault so we can upload/download classic rosters, roster updates etc. 2K and SCEA do it...why not EA?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost

I am being optimistic instead of pessimistic. I would be a miserable person if I came on here day in, day out and complained, cried, and moaned about a VIDEO GAME. Give the guys some credit, they try their best to bring us console football, and not a single piece of information other than tuning updates and Surprise onside kicks have been released, and yet people are already throwing in the towel and saying EA SPORTS SUXORZ1!11! Why don't you guys try being patient, and just let the news come and develop opinions off of that? I don't get how one picture comes out, and then people are like "omg another year of sucking it up for EA, I am not buying this year, the same ol same ol, nothing has changed." I don't get that line of thinking when you don't even know what they have done with Madden this year. Give it time people, shesh.
The people you are referring to have a passion for football and for football video games to represent the NFL game properly.

They are just looking for an avenue to vent their frustrations and displeasure's to the developers(we know we have an audience)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #62
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
You would assume some core gameplay enhancements like better tackling, more blocking scenarios and other on field creations will show themselves. I would not expect something like Gameflow or some other peripheral to be shown to a mass of gamers that want a little more depth.
I threw GF out there b/c I do imagine it'll be something simple to sneak in. Maybe they've changed the functionality in how you are shown the play instead of auto coach cam. Who knows -- I think you're spot on that we'll notice some gameplay changes.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #63
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Has Madden footage ever been released this early?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #64
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I for one feel quite the opposite of many of you guys. I feel like they have a good chance of knocking madden 12 out of the park, especially since madden 11 was madden 10 with new rosters and a few updated visuals and a new commentator. They told us last year they were building the franchise new from the ground up for 12, as well as revamping the game, and that there would not be many ground breaking changes for 2011. We ALL knew that before 11 was even out, but yet everyone acted so surprised like they never even knew. That gives me hope with a lot of time and care put into the game, especially with the guys that worked on Head Coach trying to implement a lot of those things into the franchise mode. This has the potential to be a big year for Madden. NCAA 2011 hit it out of the park, and they look to be building on top of a solid year for 2012, so if the Madden department can follow that path, this is going to be an awesome year of video game football.

insanity can be defined as continuously repeating the same actions and expecting a different result, and i think a lot of guys have seen the results for 6 years and haven't been given a reason yet to believe otherwise. i wouldn't call it pessimistic, i'd call it realistic.

those hardcore fans would have to be INSANE to think anything would be different in terms of real innovation after seeing the same lack of progression with presentation and franchise mode. best thing to do is just wait on the vid's to come out and judge for yourself, til then there isn't much to debate. i'll remain neutral until i at least play the demo and get a feature list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »