Home

Madden12 @ E3: Raiders at Ravens

This is a discussion on Madden12 @ E3: Raiders at Ravens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden12 @ E3: Raiders at Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Is there any "foot planting" and "pivoting" in this game, it seriously needs it, game would be a whole lot better with It
Actually there is, in one of the E3 vids of the Cowboys, Felix Jones jukes a few times and the animation is there, looks pretty good. The thing is, it's obviously tied to a juke command, I agree with you 100%, right now it's my biggest gameplay gripe. It needs to be fixed asap, imagine how hard it will be to close in on a tackle on defense when the ballcarrier can seemingly defy the laws of physics. Please get this fixed EA!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking Re: Madden12 @ E3: Raiders at Ravens

I read that twice before lmao.

Funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I don't always watch all of the video, but when I do...

It's usually Madden 12.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Love that run by Rice in the 5th video, the replay at 7:24 is awesome. He jukes, footplants, and then runs so smooth down the sidelines with ZERO ice skating or sliding.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Really not feeling the ice skating animations anymore, Boldin covered like 3yds laterally avoiding a defender before his feet even touched the ground in that 3rd video.

Also, the Raiders player on defense always had a pass defense in the game and his 3 dlinemen we still being blocked by a single Olinemen and getting thru.

I also hate how the raiders player was setting up his defense with that outside edge rush that went un contested. Its sickening to see a quarter defense against a small WR formation and it works. Reminds me of the back in the day madden when everyone used quarter defense to stop the run let alone every play you threw at it most the time.

Oh well, here's hoping its an early build of the game, the ice skating just churns my stomache. Is there any "foot planting" and "pivoting" in this game, it seriously needs it, game would be a whole lot better with it and drives would play out very differently. It just screams "arcade" in these vids to me and the fun factor lasting only for like a week.

Oh well, wait and see how online plays out now!

Am I the only one who's not seeing ANY ice skating or sliding in these 5 videos except for the one time Flacco rolls out laterally? I'm still not sure about this Boldin play either, I just watched it like 4 times and there is very little to no ice skating or sliding in it, if you watch his legs. I honestly think people are just so used to seeing the skating and sliding that their mind is just playing tricks. I saw at least 90% of the time what looked like much more natural running out there, especially on Rice's big run.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

The Bad:
Lateral movements are too quick and sudden. Not just one direction, but repeated east west direction changes.
QBs league-wide far too quick, around the pocket and scrambling all over the place.
Nano blitz city.

The Good:
Awesome cut-scenes, graphics.
Collision-based tackling.
Far better DB/LB zone coverages and generally tougher defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

I would agree with this, I heard they have been tuning the QB rollouts and movements in general since E3 though.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

This game looks flat-out hilarious. Flacco's ten yard drop in a second and a half leading straight into Vick-like rollouts absolutely slayed me. Is Madden's genre title now Sports/Comedy?
Old 06-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

It's been a long time since I've been able to stand watching a full game of Madden getting played, but I've been doing it a lot this year. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »