Home

EA Blogs On Connected Careers

This is a discussion on EA Blogs On Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #57
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA Community Blog : Connected Careers

So what I was thinking is that each of the 32 teams has a player in control, example as a player or coach, but the way that it seems is that if you are a player you can get traded and end up on the same team as a human coach, is this possible?

Is it going to be a human assigned to each team or is going to be truly free and if you wanted you could have one team full of all user superstars?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: EA Blogs On Connected Careers

Here is a huge question... Are sliders availiable for this new connected career mode? If they are does this mean we can finally use sliders for our online franchise modes?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #59
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Community Blog : Connected Careers

I am not saying this was my idea, but I remember having a talk with Josh Looman about The "RPG element" of Madden and franchise mode. He seemed very interested. I explained how even if they don't know what an RPG is or think they don't like playing RPGs... the more RPG elements you add to a game, the better it gets.

People love WoW and Call of Duty games for the same reason... people LOVE to unlock stuff and progress their character. Sure people also enjoy first person shooters, but the unlockables in CoD4 are part of what set it apart and why it was greatly expanded on in MW2 and copied in Battlefield and Halo Reach.

So when I read things like:
Quote:
We’ve talked a lot throughout development about Connected Careers being the first true sports RPG, and your ability to choose multiple roles and then have your player type and backstory define your strengths and weaknesses makes this new mode feel more like an RPG than any sports game you’ve ever played.
It makes me think back to our long talk at Madden 11 CD.

There is so much that we all talked about that is coming to fruition in Madden 12 and 13.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Here is a huge question... Are sliders availiable for this new connected career mode? If they are does this mean we can finally use sliders for our online franchise modes?
Good question re:sliders....I was wondering how they plan to tie those into the Infinity engine.

Let's not forget, Backbreaker and its physics engine didn't have sliders. I'm preparing myself for that possibility, although I hope it doesn't happen.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #61
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

No more CAPPED POTENTIAL? YES! FINALLY!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0
With connected careers, does this mean that I can only play as a single player or coach? Or can I control my whole team like in Franchise mode?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #63
Rookie

J.R.'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutch7
With connected careers, does this mean that I can only play as a single player or coach? Or can I control my whole team like in Franchise mode?
Coach= Whole team, read the thread before asking questions.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
I know that if you become a coach you control the whole team. What I mean by controling the whole team is can I control every single player like franchise mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »