Home

EA Blogs On Connected Careers

This is a discussion on EA Blogs On Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #65
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Blogs On Connected Careers

This will likely get lost in the shuffle, so I am going to book mark this... but read this again:

Quote:
Team Specific Overall Ratings
Every team rates players based on their individual philosophies. Gone are the days of every single team thinking that the same running back is a 90 overall rating across the board. The Saints now prefer smaller receiving backs while the 49ers lean toward backs that can handle the load. This brings a whole new layer of strategy to the Draft, Free Agency, Trades and Scouting. You might think a rookie quarterback is an 80 overall but the Bears may think he’s a 76.
New sub overall ratings
Connected Careers features new overall ratings that take into account physical skills, intangibles, injuries, production (stats) and size. Teams weight these differently, so a team that prefers smart players might not put a lot of emphasis into size.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #66
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21
Re: EA Community Blog : Connected Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I keep hearing about playing as a coach, player, etc. and being released or fired. If I just want to play a Chiefs franchise for 30 seasons like in M12, does that mean I would start my franchise as Romeo Crennel? Or is there a sort of Owner option where you can fire the coach and bring in a new one?
There is a career setting to turn off firing. So if you want to coach the Chiefs for 30 years without the risk of being fired you can create a new coach, be Romeo, or be a legend like Dick Vermeil. OR you could coach them as multiple characters over the 30 years.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #67
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

On paper, I don't like this:

Quote:
For the first time in the history of Madden NFL, you have the ability (as a coach) to progress your players whenever you want. CPU teams will progress their players throughout the regular season for the first time since the Xbox/Ps2 days. Oh by the way, potential has been removed from the game. Any player can become a star in Connected Careers. There are no limitations. And yes, we’re tuning it to make sure that doesn’t happen to CPU teams.
Really? There are no limitations... limitations are imposed on computer teams? Why? If I control the 49ers, my players can become stars, but if I control the Rams, those same 49ers can't become stars? What? I don't even...
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #68
tef
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This will likely get lost in the shuffle, so I am going to book mark this... but read this again:
That's some of the best stuff from HC 09.

In Looman I Trust
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #69
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

im vary confused on a couple things can someone please clerify?

#1 in CC is the running the whole team as the coach and stuff the same as it was with offline franchise where u can control everything like ticket priceses hiring your staff and much more

#2 i know the XP thing has been added but is the regular player progression still in effect like when u run the whole team players regress lor progress in offseaonor can we only use the xp and use it on 1 player or certain players in other words ur team still does not get better?

#3 will we still be able to import draft classes from ncaa football dynatsy mode or is this future gone?

#4 any word on if all coaches and assisstent coaches are in the game instead of the BS genric coaches and can they be fired in season or offseason only?

#5 is cpu to cpu trading back as well as cpu offering humen players trades?

#6 what about the pro bowl is the team spefic helmets still in?

#7 so offline franchise mode superstar mode and nfl head coach all in one mode as Conected careers so instead of having 3 modes there all in one with different options am i right?

#8 speaking of legends how meny coaches and players are in the legend spool can i expect derrick thomas to be in there also will i still be able to use dick vermil jerry rice bill walsh and the guys in the pre order promotions like will those become DLC in the future or will i have to buy 5 maddens to get them all?

anyway these are the things im still confused on so would anyone pleas be able to cover them for me thanks

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!

Last edited by Chiefsfan881129; 06-04-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #70
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Community Blog : Connected Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
There is a career setting to turn off firing. So if you want to coach the Chiefs for 30 years without the risk of being fired you can create a new coach, be Romeo, or be a legend like Dick Vermeil. OR you could coach them as multiple characters over the 30 years.
Okay, sweet! Thanks for clarification!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
And trust me, it’s YOUR team. Styles really matter in Madden NFL 13. The style of offense you run, the type of coach you proclaim to be, all impact how players fit into your scheme. Players are rated dynamically based on the team for which they play. That’s right, a 3-4 OLB will no longer be plug and play into a 4-3 scheme without taking a potential ratings hit. It also makes trading more interesting. You have no idea what that player you have on your trading block looks like to the other team. He could be a 71 OVR WR for you, but he jumps to a 75 OVR in another coach’s scheme. It is the new aspects of the game like this that give you that unique organic feel to player movement.
i teared up when i read that..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #72
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Can I play without the legends?

Will legends creep into my franchise if I am not careful? Or only if I select them?

I can't be the owner of the 49ers? I don't want to be Jim Harbaugh... but I don't want to turn off being fired either. I want to be able to play with Jim for years, and when he gets older in year 18 or something, I can find a new coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »