Home

So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

This is a discussion on So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #73
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Can I pick your brain some more? What do you mean when you say having threshold at 100 makes the game a tick even slower? Sorry, it may be a "slow" Monday for me.
I'll use Madden 12 as a reference:

I played last year mostly at slow speed with a 65 threshold. Then I found the berry treasure of taking the threshold to 100. Well, the threshold of 100 made the setting of 'slow' feel even slower IMO. So I cranked the game speed up to 'normal' to compensate.

I haven't had to do that with M13, but it just feels to me that the game plays a hair slower the higher you go in threshold. Probably just my opinion though.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #74
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyfresh89deuce
That's exactly what I've been trying to tell everyone, but I play on the slow setting with the threshold at 100. To me its made the game more realistic and gameplay smoother.
Don't big plays feel more rewarding as well? They're harder to come by, so you tend to appreciate them more. At least that's been my experience.

Contrary to popular thought, the speed guys are still speed guys. They stick out even more IMO b/c only a few guys can breakaway from the pack like those guys can. I was breaking off some good runs with McFadden in practice mode yesterday.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #75
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I'll use Madden 12 as a reference:

I played last year mostly at slow speed with a 65 threshold. Then I found the berry treasure of taking the threshold to 100. Well, the threshold of 100 made the setting of 'slow' feel even slower IMO. So I cranked the game speed up to 'normal' to compensate.

I haven't had to do that with M13, but it just feels to me that the game plays a hair slower the higher you go in threshold. Probably just my opinion though.
I see, thanks for the reply RGiles. I will test this out tonight, maybe I can play on Slow and 100, as I like how Very Slow feels and looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #76
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Don't big plays feel more rewarding as well? They're harder to come by, so you tend to appreciate them more. At least that's been my experience.

Contrary to popular thought, the speed guys are still speed guys. They stick out even more IMO b/c only a few guys can breakaway from the pack like those guys can. I was breaking off some good runs with McFadden in practice mode yesterday.
Man talk about rewarding. I'll put it like this, last night I was blown up by the Skins on the demo. 2 runs Helu broke for 40 yards each for a TD, each time I couldn't catch him with Browner or Thomas. He had a great block up the middle broke like 7 yds before I could pursuit. With us both running down the field I still couldn't catch him. Ya it was a run against me but when people falsely believe it makes everyone faster is wrong, it just narrows the seperation gap, while the speed and acceleration of players are respected. I'm going to try it at 75 and see why you like that setting.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »