Home

So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

This is a discussion on So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Whatever you want to use is your preference. I was just saying that calling a speed "very slow" gives the impression no "real man" would use that setting, imo. I think very slow or slow are more realistic personally but I think there is a stigma attached to using them. Having a setting called very slow might just as well be called "grandma speed". It be more acceptable to use those speeds if they were called something else like.

Very slow = natural speed

Slow = NFL speed

Normal= track star speed

Fast= olympic speed

Very fast= world record speed
Well that wouldn't look right to the guys who enjoy playing the game on those speeds and don't share your thoughts on how those speeds play out to them.. I can come up with some good names for slow and very slow myself but I'm not going to go there.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-18-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #58
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

It feels like I am playing a game on Fast Forward when I play on Very Fast...

There is something truly arcade to me about that speed from a player movement perspective, but when it comes to decision making as a QB I really like the difference.

I would love it if the OL/DL interactions were improved enough to allow for the 'speed of the game' to be relevant on an interactive level rather than some sort of ADHD level.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #59
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
LOL ok so you really think that the difference in speed between say Darrell Reavis and Tom Brady is a small gap huh?? Or Jeff Saturday and Nnamdi Asomugha, no gap in speed there either eh?
Well if thats the world you choose to live in I guess you are entitled to it.
Man, cut it out. No one is saying Revis isn't much faster than Brady. Despite what the theories are, Revis will still outrun Brady on a threshold of 100. The idea that all players will run the exact same speed with a higher threshold is unfounded.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #60
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Man, cut it out. No one is saying Revis isn't much faster than Brady. Despite what the theories are, Revis will still outrun Brady on a threshold of 100. The idea that all players will run the exact same speed with a higher threshold is unfounded.
Thank you!!!! That's all I was trying to explain. I broke off two huge runs with Bradshaw and still outran Willis and Aldon Smith, and the speed and acceleration ratings were respected with the threshold at 100. I just started playing it at 100 this year and its made the gameplay feel realistic. Everyone has to find their fit, everyone plays the game different and how they view their speeds and thresholds. So like everyone is saying to each his own

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Very slow = natural speed

Slow = NFL speed

Normal= track star speed

Fast= olympic speed

Very fast= world record speed
Except then it would be "anyone who doesn't play Slow isn't 'sim'" or whatever.

It also assumes the game will be programmed such that Slow is actually having things occur at NFL timings. Otherwise, it's not NFL speed, it's just a label just like "Slow" or "Very Fast".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Except then it would be "anyone who doesn't play Slow isn't 'sim'" or whatever.

It also assumes the game will be programmed such that Slow is actually having things occur at NFL timings. Otherwise, it's not NFL speed, it's just a label just like "Slow" or "Very Fast".
This is what makes me shake my head about this topic.. Some guys come on here assuming everyone is suppose to play the game the way they do because there way is the so call sim way but they don't realize that other gamers don't like playing on slower speeds because it don't feel sim to them. It's all on the preference of the gamer..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-18-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #63
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm really enjoying the demo a Very Slow speed. But honestly, who cares?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Speed threshold to my knowledge means what ever you set it to, no players ratings go go less then that number. So a threshold of 40 means even if a player has 35 speed, he will run with 40. At zero everyone would play at their rated attributes.

I play on slow or even very slow with 0 threshold. Normal and above seams like arcade action and super sonic speed IMO.

Glad there is a setting for everyone though.
once again..i agree with you wheelman..i plan exactly with the same settings although i think "very slow" is nice and smooth... "slow" works nice too though ..but i like "very slow" better...i cant wait to see how "very slow" works with the zoom cam on running plays...should make for a very fun running game having the time to dip and dodge, juke, spin, find the small holes running the ball up the middle...madden 13, very slow, threshold zero with zoom cam ..i am banking that it'll be a blast to play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »