Home

So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

This is a discussion on So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't think this game is even playable at anything more than slow speed personally.

I really think slow speed should be called normal speed because truthfully Madden players egos get involved. It doesn't matter if the slowest setting plays out the most naturally. Asking some guys to play on "very slow" speed insults them. Kinda like a Miller Lite Man up commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNUB1wg88

That's your prefrence anything under normal is unplayable for me.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Some truth to your comments. I never thought very fast made it harder, just thought it made it look more arcade looking. But that is just me.
Well playing on slow makes the gameplay look sluggish and it feels like my players are playing in quick sand. I see things develop smoothly like some of you claim to see on slower speeds because I'm use to it. Say what you want but playing on faster speeds is definitely more of a challenge because everything is moving faster. You have to be quicker with your reads and react quickly to the ball in the air against the pass. Even on normal I'm able to see things develop slow and which makes things much easier to do whatever I want and I be killing guys online because of it.

I'm not knocking guys for the speeds they play on. It's there preference but I hate when guys come on here talking bout what they play on is more realistic and that speed be should be the default settings like game should be built around what they prefer. They have 5 different speeds and default should always be on normal.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-18-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Well playing on slow makes the gameplay look sluggish and it feels like my players are playing in quick sand. I see things develop smoothly like some of you claim to zee in slower speeds because I'm use to it. Say what you want but playing on faster speeds is definitely more of a challenge because everything is moving faster. You have to be quicker with your reads and react quickly to the ball in the air against the pass. Even on normal I'm able to see things develop slow and which makes things much easier to do whatever I want and I be killing guys online because of it.

I'm not knocking guys for the speeds they play on. It's there preference but I hate when guys come on here talking bout what they play on is more realistic and that speed be should be the default settings like game should be built around what they prefer. They have 5 different speeds and default should always be on normal.
I bet it only feels slow cause your used to very fast. It's amazing how fast feels so much faster when you get used to slow/very slow. I have played on very slow-very fast since madden 10. Depends on the year. This year is really fast. if you are playing on very fast it is like very, very, very fast from Madden 12. Madden 12 was actually slow, I used normal, and sometimes fast

I agree you should be able to play on whatever speed you like, and I know how it feels when others try to make their opinions as fact. I know I am guilty of that a few times around here myself.

Anyway, give it a shot, see what you think. It does make the infinity engine look better IMO.

I think the real issue is EA bumped the speed on each settings. They said they didn't, but it is very obvious that it has. Slow should be the normal, and I think it would have been a much better middle ground for online. Again, just my opinions.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #52
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
That's your prefrence anything under normal is unplayable for me.
Whatever you want to use is your preference. I was just saying that calling a speed "very slow" gives the impression no "real man" would use that setting, imo. I think very slow or slow are more realistic personally but I think there is a stigma attached to using them. Having a setting called very slow might just as well be called "grandma speed". It be more acceptable to use those speeds if they were called something else like.

Very slow = natural speed

Slow = NFL speed

Normal= track star speed

Fast= olympic speed

Very fast= world record speed
Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #53
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well playing on slow makes the gameplay look sluggish and it feels like my players are playing in quick sand.
You can blame EA and their lack of proper footplanting and player movement for that. This whole debate could be solved if movements were lifelike. There would be no need for multiple speeds. The problem I have with normal and above is the whole ice skating issue. There's just simply not enough friction with the ground involved. Players bodies should move as fast as they do in very fast but the ground should slow them down to a speed closer to slow.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
You can blame EA and their lack of proper footplanting and player movement for that. This whole debate could be solved if movements were lifelike. There would be no need for multiple speeds. The problem I have with normal and above is the whole ice skating issue. There's just simply not enough friction with the ground involved. Players bodies should move as fast as they do in very fast but the ground should slow them down to a speed closer to slow.
I can agree with that..
Old 08-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #55
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2
I play on slow and prefer the slow setting because the sim minded gamer in me likes to see player movements run smoothly and the animations play out the way they should. Now like I've said before since I started playing with the threshold at 100, it has sped up the time I have in my pocket, the gaps and holes I must choose to run in, and the seperation and window for my receivers. Its a great counter balance for a slow speed gameplay. When I use to put the threshold down 0 and slow speed than things we're WAY too slow.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I bet it only feels slow cause your used to very fast. It's amazing how fast feels so much faster when you get used to slow/very slow. I have played on very slow-very fast since madden 10. Depends on the year. This year is really fast. if you are playing on very fast it is like very, very, very fast from Madden 12. Madden 12 was actually slow, I used normal, and sometimes fast

I agree you should be able to play on whatever speed you like, and I know how it feels when others try to make their opinions as fact. I know I am guilty of that a few times around here myself.

Anyway, give it a shot, see what you think. It does make the infinity engine look better IMO.

I think the real issue is EA bumped the speed on each settings. They said they didn't, but it is very obvious that it has. Slow should be the normal, and I think it would have been a much better middle ground for online. Again, just my opinions.
Yeah I'm sure that's part of it.. When I go from my offline playing on very fast to online playing on Normal it's a huge adjustment for me..

I can't really tell yet if the very fast from Madden 13 is faster then Madden 12. I would have to go back and play 12 because I already adjusted to the speed on 13 but I could tell that the speed got a little faster from 11 to 12.. I can see myself playing on Fast or even Normal(No choice online) but I just can't do slow or very slow.. Well Maybe I might give it a whirl just to see if it's better then years past..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »