Home

So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

This is a discussion on So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: So am I the only one who plays on Very Fast with Threshold at 0?

LOL ok so you really think that the difference in speed between say Darrell Reavis and Tom Brady is a small gap huh?? Or Jeff Saturday and Nnamdi Asomugha, no gap in speed there either eh?
Well if thats the world you choose to live in I guess you are entitled to it.
After being on an NFL sideline for about 7 games each of the last 12 years I respectfully disagree with your assessment of speed, and solely based on my experiences in person.
One thing the general public should consider is that while everything looks relatively slow from the normal broadcast (what is called the "Game") camera that shows the action from the wide, side view, showing the offense moving left to right or right to left, It is anything but.
Im 38 years old. When I was growing up watching NFL broadcasts, it was standard each game, and multiple times a game, to show replays from either the handheld on the sideline or the cart cam on the sideline in REAL TIME, at normal game speed. This showed the speed of the game as it actually is. Trust me, its alot faster than what you see from the wide angle. So while it may look like Jeff Saturday or Tom Brady aren't much slower than Nnamdi Asomugha or Reavis from the normal broadcast angle, reality is that there is a huge difference in speed. Thankfully the real time field level replays are starting to be shown a little more, but its used almost exclusively when the play angles toward the sideline where the Hand Held is standing which may only occur a couple of times a game.
Understand Im not trying to be condescending, Im just explaining how I have arrived at the opinion I have. And if people disagree thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I play on Very Fast - but not 0. I use 16.

I think 0 is too spread out. 90 and 99 should have a difference that's somewhat significant. 99 and 95 should be more about angle and fatigue (which I jack up). There should be some difference over longer distance, but in a short space? Should be basically the same.

As for what it does - dfos had these tests that showed PUR/ACC mattered more on 100. It also changed when the player went into "full speed mode" on defense (he noted it by a change in the player's running animation).

I think it's a "how fast the player moves" threshold. Not necessarily just raw foot speed. PUR changes how fast a player moves. I've seen my MLB with 99 PRC and PUR move faster than anyone else on the field. He probably moved at "99 SPD" if not faster.

Speed as in "playing speed" to put it in a less "gamey" expression.

This would explain why lower SPD players can catch up if they have higher PUR ratings (and most defenders have high-ish PUR ratings). It would explain why I see high PUR "play faster" than a faster raw SPD player. May also explain why the defense seems to improve on 100 - PUR and maybe PRC have a bigger impact. So defenders move faster based on how PUR impacts them.

JMO.
I see a difference in short space all the time.. J.Tuck, Osi, and Pierre Paul have caught plenty of fast backs for me in a short space. They even run some down from behind in short space before the RB caught full speed with the threshold at 0.. I know I told you about it last year I believe but I wish I had of recorded L.Blount nearly walking down P.Amakamura on an INT return.. I don't know if it was fatigue or what but he almost caught him. Like I said to each his own but I can never play with anything higher then 0 after seeing all this in my gaming experience..
Old 08-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #43
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
Call me crazy, but I've found watching football on TV to be very different from watching in person. On TV, everything looks fast and perfect, but when you're in the stands, the game looks more organic. Players are subbed in and out and trot onto the field, line play actually looks like really physical a battle, and the game seems to play out slower.
Yep. I feel the same way.

I play Madden on slow speed and it feels great to me. The game improvements from the infinity engine are more noticeable.

The game should have been on slow by default in my opinion.

I couldn't imagine playing Madden on very fast. That has to be insane.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Yep. I feel the same way. I play Madden on slow speed and it feels great to me. The game improvements from the infinity engine are more noticeable.

The game should have been on slow by default in my opinion.

But yeah, good post.
No it shouldn't. Everybody don't play on slow.. As you can see there are plenty of gamers that like playing on fast and very fast. Normal should always be default and guys can adjust the gamespeed to whatever speed they are comfortable with..
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No it shouldn't. Everybody don't play on slow.. As you can see there are plenty of gamers that like playing on fast and very fast.
Uh... then they can change it.

I was just stating my opinion. The game plays much better to me on slow speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #46
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't think this game is even playable at anything more than slow speed personally.

I really think slow speed should be called normal speed because truthfully Madden players egos get involved. It doesn't matter if the slowest setting plays out the most naturally. Asking some guys to play on "very slow" speed insults them. Kinda like a Miller Lite Man up commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNUB1wg88
Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't think this game is even playable at anything more than slow speed personally.

I really think slow speed should be called normal speed because truthfully Madden players egos get involved. It doesn't matter if the slowest setting plays out the most naturally. Asking some guys to play on "very slow" speed insults them. Kinda like a Miller Lite Man up commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNUB1wg88
Some truth to your comments. I never thought very fast made it harder, just thought it made it look more arcade looking. But that is just me.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 3

Ok so I guess I have to open my mind a little and give "Slow" a try.
Just to see what the gameplay feels like. I havent played on anything but normal and Very Fast since Madden 11 so this ought to be interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »