Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Totally agree. Madden 13 and 14? will keep (hopefully) this gen from being what I've called "The Lost Gen for Football"
I like where it's going.. as long as direction isn't changed again.
There are things I really like about the new direction and things I absolutely hate. But something I've hated for years is the constant removing of features they just added. I think of all the wasted time on things that are quickly taken out instead of the series taking the steps forward that it should have been. H E double toothpics, I'll give them credit if they stop constantly trying to reinvent and then remove, but instead stay in one direction.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #98
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Its like going to a great steak house, popping down $30 for a steak and getting a microwaved TV dinner Salisbury steak instead. Your gonna complain some. How much depends on how serious you take your food.
I like this analogy.

Then the OP comes in here and says "Hey, TV dinners taste good, and that little brownie was always fun when I was a kid. It's just dinner, what do you expect? ... and who doesn't like Salisbury steak?"
Old 08-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #99
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I just hope when we get to the next generation of consoles comes we arent given what we were given when this gen came out. If madden takes a step back on the new consoles im done with it.

They are heading in the right direction now of course but how many times have we heard that over the years only to have them change directions the next year?
I have a feeling that the next generation of consoles will re-introduce the idea of competition to football gaming. Unless something happens between now and about February or March of next year, next year will be the last year of exclusivity for NFL Football. A lot has happened since the exclusivity deal was signed and it seems pretty unlikely that it will get extended passed Madden 14. This is all my opinion and not fact so please don't sue me if it doesn't happen like this lol.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #100
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Disagree. Let's keep up with why we are disappointed. If things all of a sudden go silent, then EA gets the wrong message.
Disagree, they aren't naive, either. The mods have already stated EA already received the message.

Beyond that, it's a wait and see approach.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Disagree, they aren't naive, either. The mods have already stated EA already received the message.

Beyond that, it's a wait and see approach.
Again, disagree about EA getting the message. We've been waiting all console generation for some things to get fixed or added that still aren't in 13. We need to keep the messages going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #102
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I like this analogy.

Then the OP comes in here and says "Hey, TV dinners taste good, and that little brownie was always fun when I was a kid. It's just dinner, what do you expect? ... and who doesn't like Salisbury steak?"
And that is because we are all picky eaters, lol.

Couldn't let that one, slide.

The way our kids eat, it's a wonder they are still alive.lol
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #103
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Again, disagree about EA getting the message. We've been waiting all console generation for some things to get fixed or added that still aren't in 13. We need to keep the messages going.
Wait, he was specifically talking about editing and co-oping, which is what I was talking about.

Disagree, again, no need to generalize when we don't know results of the efforts above.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I have a feeling that the next generation of consoles will re-introduce the idea of competition to football gaming. Unless something happens between now and about February or March of next year, next year will be the last year of exclusivity for NFL Football. A lot has happened since the exclusivity deal was signed and it seems pretty unlikely that it will get extended passed Madden 14. This is all my opinion and not fact so please don't sue me if it doesn't happen like this lol.
this will be the happiest day of my life if this happens.

(okay, not really, but I think my point is made )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »