Home

Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

This is a discussion on Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHanna34
I usually don't post on here and have not in years. Usually I find what I need and I move on fairly quickly(OS is a great community and very helpful place). But in this case I need to say something. Im 35 yrs old and have been playing this game along time. Im married have kids, own a home, etc.... Despite all the antics over the years with this game I still purchase it(not that I have another choice), it's a tradition in my eyes to have Madden every fall. Franchise is/was my thing and I have no issues with the overall idea of CCM. In fact this game has more potential than any I can think of in years past and it is truly headed in the right direction in my eyes. With all that being said , the A.I. in CCM is ATROCIOUS and it has made the mode FLAT OUT UN-PLAYABLE. I have tried multiple slider sets from the slider threads leading to no avail. I just want to express my frustration and add to the growing list in hopes something will get done.

PERFECTLY SAID! I agree completely! EA, read this please.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #450
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Personally I don't think what the EA rep said was that bad at all. I think some of you guys read into things way too much and are getting your panties in a bunch over a simple comment.

Second of all, 2K is not getting the NFL license back. Take Two doesn't even want to make sports games anymore. They make NBA 2K because it's guaranteed money but they only want to invest in games they fully own. In every sport the license fees and development costs have grown so high that it's not that easy making money off sports games. There isn't room for two companies to make a game in the same genre. It's not like it was 20+ years ago where you had multiple baseball, football and basketball games to pick from. Nowadays companies are quitting the business due to the lack of a profit.

We bitch about 2K being blocked from making an NFL game but that was in the PS2 era. This is a different era. Since we've jumped to the higher costs of the current gen we've seen EA and 2K both quit making college basketball, EA quit on the NBA, 2K quit on the NHL and 2K quit on baseball leaving no MLB game on the 360 next year. EA has said they aren't even going to bother with MLB baseball despite the fact the market is wide open on the 360. If the NFL license became open again I doubt 2K would even bid on it. There is no competition in any pro sport anymore. When we jump to the next gen (PS4/NextBox) the costs will get so high we may see the smaller sports get cut some more. NCAA Football is even on shaky ground right now. The trend right now is towards less games and less competition and there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #451
Rookie

I don't want anything but Madden! Can't you just make Madden where the AI and sliders in CCM work like play now, like they always have? Or better yet, work at all?

I hate 2k or any other football game. I'm a long time Madden owner, every year since 97. This year, simply, has a broken gameplay in CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #452
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth79
Uh... No. Look at the title of this thread EA. this response that you just gave tells us that nothing is going to be done to fix this issue. The difficulty sliders and ai seem to work in play now mode but not ccm. Take 5 minutes and compare it for yourself. This shouldnt even be a conversation. Its broke!
DITTO!
Clearly your not paying attention to the majority of the thread EA!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
We bitch about 2K being blocked from making an NFL game but that was in the PS2 era. This is a different era. Since we've jumped to the higher costs of the current gen we've seen EA and 2K both quit making college basketball, EA quit on the NBA, 2K quit on the NHL and 2K quit on baseball leaving no MLB game on the 360 next year. EA has said they aren't even going to bother with MLB baseball despite the fact the market is wide open on the 360. If the NFL license became open again I doubt 2K would even bid on it. There is no competition in any pro sport anymore. When we jump to the next gen (PS4/NextBox) the costs will get so high we may see the smaller sports get cut some more. NCAA Football is even on shaky ground right now. The trend right now is towards less games and less competition and there is nothing we can do about it.
I disagree only because we are talking about the NFL. Football is the most popular sport in the country and anything with the NFL's name on it right now is selling like gold. I think football is different than baseball and the other sports/leagues you mentioned. When the NFL is concerned, I think there is room for two game in this market.

Now do I think 2k will make another football game? I don't know, and honestly I'm not all that worried about it. I just want Madden's franchise/CCM to be on par with what it was back at the end of PS2/Xbox cycle. Its headed on the right track, but sadly 7 years later it still isn't there, in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #454
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Guy A and Guy B are having a discussion on a message board.

Guy A says "You know what, Guy? I think you are the biggest loser that has ever lived. I wouldn't piss on your face if your teeth were on fire. I hope your wife leaves you and you get cancer."

Guy B says "It's difficult sometimes to speak to you because you seem to have little interest in anything other than insulting me. I think maybe I'll stop caring about what you have to say."

If Guy B happens to work for EA, I think that most of the people on this message board would take more issue with EA not caring about its fans and being a big bad terribly evil money grubber than the fact that Guy A is acting like a malignant fraction of a person.

I'm frustrated with EA, too. But they are people.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 AM   #455
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
FACEPALM

Bro, in all due respect, please read the posts in this thread. Almost everyone in here has been able to, in some way, get the CPU to rush for some yards on them in a game here and there....THAT'S NOT THE POINT....
Happens every CCM game I play - so either im doing something wrong.... or...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #456
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
no patch announcement yet?

are we still getting aanother patch? if I remember correct by this time of the year we had a gameplay patch announcement last year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »