Home

Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

This is a discussion on Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #441
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
The contract ends at the end of the end of next year anyways. I'm all for competition but I am curious if another company wants to pay the money for the license.

From what I am hearing from the OS crowd, they would be happy with a repackaged All Pro or 2k5 with updated uniforms and rosters.
Something really bothers me about this answer. Emmdot, Is EA going leave us with a broken title as they did with NCAA 12? It is unacceptable for EA to leave CCM in it's current state.

Also, I am constantly asked by people interested in purchasing this game, if I would recommend it. I am sad to say I can't at this point. I actually finished a 45 minute conversation with someone the other night who was asking for my recommendation. Long story short, I may have cost EA a sale. Funny how that works isn't it... word of mouth and how powerful it can be sometimes. I am sure I am not the only one who is asked for his/her recommendation on these titles.

Something to think about as you go forward with your plan to fix this particular title.

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-27-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #442
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you guys looking into changing the playcalling in the AI as well? The CPU will not stop calling run plays.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #443
Rookie

badgerwhacker's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The contract ends at the end of the end of next year anyways. I'm all for competition but I am curious if another company wants to pay the money for the license.

From what I am hearing from the OS crowd, they would be happy with a repackaged All Pro or 2k5 with updated uniforms and rosters.
It seems you've moved quickly on from "We're looking into it" to 'who else are you going to go to anyway?'.

So what happened? They 'looked into it', decided it was too time consuming to fix and then thought you'd already THIEVED £40, or the national equivalent, from us all so why even bother?

EA Sports are a complete and utter joke across a lot of titles, Madden being the worst. Instead of introducing new sparkling headline features every year, try refining and fixing the ones you have ****ed up the year before. As we've all said, you're on the verge of a very good game this but the ignorance will put it down as the worst that I've purchased.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #444
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

The smugness of this post from an EA representative is somewhat off-putting, glad I saved my hard earned loot.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #445
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I would be careful what you wish for EA you just might get it. It would be best for customers of football games to have a choice and not the same game with less modes then before, this might be the buggiest game to date in this madden franchise. I really see EA in the red if 2k steps back into the ring again. Look what happened when 2k stepped up and balled EA had to take a year off. Used to enjoy madden but would jump ship IF I had another alternative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #446
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
The smugness of this post from an EA representative is somewhat off-putting, glad I saved my hard earned loot.
It really makes me wonder if that is an EA representative. Im in marketing and that comment does nothing but hurt the EA brand... that and a broken product. Why isn't this discussion taking place on EA's forum for their developers to see?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #447
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually don't post on here and have not in years. Usually I find what I need and I move on fairly quickly(OS is a great community and very helpful place). But in this case I need to say something. Im 35 yrs old and have been playing this game along time. Im married have kids, own a home, etc.... Despite all the antics over the years with this game I still purchase it(not that I have another choice), it's a tradition in my eyes to have Madden every fall. Franchise is/was my thing and I have no issues with the overall idea of CCM. In fact this game has more potential than any I can think of in years past and it is truly headed in the right direction in my eyes. With all that being said , the A.I. in CCM is ATROCIOUS and it has made the mode FLAT OUT UN-PLAYABLE. I have tried multiple slider sets from the slider threads leading to no avail. I just want to express my frustration and add to the growing list in hopes something will get done.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #448
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Something really bothers me about this answer. Emmdot, Is EA going leave us with a broken title as they did with NCAA 12? It is unacceptable for EA to leave CCM in it's current state.

Also, I am constantly asked by people interested in purchasing this game, if I would recommend it. I am sad to say I can't at this point. I actually finished a 45 minute conversation with someone the other night who was asking for my recommendation. Long story short, I may have cost EA a sale. Funny how that works isn't it... word of mouth and how powerful it can be sometimes. I am sure I am not the only one who is asked for his/her recommendation on these titles.

Something to think about as you go forward with your plan to fix this particular title.
Madden sold in record amounts this year so sadly this kind of statement holds no water.
That being said, many of us purcahsed the game on the promise of a vastly improved game that blew Madden 12 away. Even EA admitted Madden 12 was just a placeholder for Madden 13. The gameplay on the field is so much better as we were told (amongst other things), but the weakest link, and in fact the thing ruining the game for many of us is the AI and features that are either not hooked up (maybe certain sliders were deactivcated in CCM mode because they messed up the game even more) or flat-out broken.

It is a bit puzzling because the majority of the complaints EA gets every year is "AI and exploits".

IF EA were smart when negotiatiaions come around, they should be commited to dumping the NFL and moving to a non-NFL game if the NFL's terms are unreasonable. It's certainly trtue that no other Publihser can afford the NFL's demands and as we all know, the NFL ownership have been a bunch of money-grubbing ***-holes when you look at how they treat their employees (refs and others). As if $7 billion profit wasn't enough to cover $30 million in proper pensions/pay. And the slow, pathetic nature of the NFL in dealing with the concussion and brain issues.

Ironically I think the NFL would be hurt more than EA. EA makes football and opens up team-making and rosters and let people recreate the NFL teams on their own witgh their own logos... screw the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »