Home

Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

This is a discussion on Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #465
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

I think some of that might be nostalgia. I agree the motion isn't right, but the days of PS2 that was true as well. 2k had certain aspects of motion right and Madden of those days had other aspects of motion right, but no game has ever really had it feel true to life across the board. I will say that I did enjoy football games more then, but that has to do with my age and expectations as much as the quality of the games, I think.

The game plays very well in play now. With sliders it is great. The CCM game mode has a lot of potential, but to really enjoy it the gameplay needs to play like it does in Play Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #466
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
I think some of that might be nostalgia. I agree the motion isn't right, but the days of PS2 that was true as well. 2k had certain aspects of motion right and Madden of those days had other aspects of motion right, but no game has ever really had it feel true to life across the board. I will say that I did enjoy football games more then, but that has to do with my age and expectations as much as the quality of the games, I think.

The game plays very well in play now. With sliders it is great. The CCM game mode has a lot of potential, but to really enjoy it the gameplay needs to play like it does in Play Now.
Probably true. Our expectations weren't as high as they are now but the games themselves have taken backwards steps this gen and that's hurt it. I remember loving NCAA 06. Cpu QBs would scramble and put up a great fight. Fast forward to NCAA 09 on the PS3 and the cpu QBs would never scramble and throw a ton of picks. Three years later on a next gen system and some things were a lot worse. That's unacceptable to me. EAs first football games this gen were turnover fests with horrible cpu QB AI and bad cpu AI all around. We're just catching back up to the same standards we had on the PS2 instead of getting something that should be better. It's especially bad when you see how good the other sports games represent their sport now imo.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #467
Rookie

badgerwhacker's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I get that, that's my exact frustration as well. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or saying so.

I'm more referring to the fact that people think it is ok to viciously and personally demean the people who worked on the game, but if in a moment of frustration someone from EA says one slightly cross word back then these "people" act like they have been wronged by big bad EA.
I'd love you to point out anyone who has personally demeaned an EA employee on here. I think we're entitled to be upset that we've paid our hard earned money to buy a game that doesn't play the way it should but very easily could have if they carried out basic testing.

If I go to my job and things are bad, I get criticism. When someone is paying you for something and you fail to live up the standards, you can't expect to get away with it - particularly when your post stinks of "Guess what, you've no other option anyway!".
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #468
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerwhacker
I'd love you to point out anyone who has personally demeaned an EA employee on here. I think we're entitled to be upset that we've paid our hard earned money to buy a game that doesn't play the way it should but very easily could have if they carried out basic testing.

If I go to my job and things are bad, I get criticism. When someone is paying you for something and you fail to live up the standards, you can't expect to get away with it - particularly when your post stinks of "Guess what, you've no other option anyway!".

I'm not saying that criticism is a bad thing. I criticize many aspects of the gameplay. There is a difference though between saying "the AI needs to improve drastically in CCM" and saying "the EA people know nothing about football. I can't believe they have never gotten this right over the last 7 years. They should all be fired."

I don't care to go looking for the personal attacks, which there are plenty of. That's probably more attributable to the fact that it's the internet though than this particular message board. I think some people have a hard time discerning the difference between raising a concern constructively and ridicule. Much of what goes on here is ridicule.

If you go to McDonald's and buy a cheeseburger, and they overcook it there is nothing wrong with going up to the counter and letting them know that your meal was not satisfactory. There IS something wrong with going up to the counter and calling the worker an idiot.

Last edited by ghostlight85; 09-28-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: first statement was pointless rhetoric, self edited
Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #469
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Be careful. Knowing these guys, they will take this out of context and patch the AI to just run more often.
The CPU AI is already running too much. LOL

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #470
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerwhacker

I've gotten plenty of "hate mail" from a lot of guys here at OS but it doesn't bother me. I wish more people would approach the situation in a respectful manner but the fact is that many people here hate EA, have no faith in what can be done with the product, and will probably never be happy with the final product.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #471
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm not saying that criticism is a bad thing. I criticize many aspects of the gameplay. There is a difference though between saying "the AI needs to improve drastically in CCM" and saying "the EA people know nothing about football. I can't believe they have never gotten this right over the last 7 years. They should all be fired."

I don't care to go looking for the personal attacks, which there are plenty of. That's probably more attributable to the fact that it's the internet though than this particular message board. I think some people have a hard time discerning the difference between raising a concern constructively and ridicule. Much of what goes on here is ridicule.

If you go to McDonald's and buy a cheeseburger, and they overcook it there is nothing wrong with going up to the counter and letting them know that your meal was not satisfactory. There IS something wrong with going up to the counter and calling the worker an idiot.
I would agree with this but to some of the guys defense here. Imagine if there was only one place to buy a burger and everytime you went there for a burger it didn't taste the way you like it. Some may love it. Other may enjoy find it to be average. But when someone really has an appetite for a burger and can only eat it at a place that they hate, I could see them getting frustrated.

So frustrated that you create youtube videos on new burger recipes and how to cook the meat the right way. New ways to cook the meat like charbroil and grilling. If you loved burgers so much but couldn't make your own and hated the only burger shop in town, what would you do?

So I get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #472
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
I've gotten plenty of "hate mail" from a lot of guys here at OS but it doesn't bother me. I wish more people would approach the situation in a respectful manner but the fact is that many people here hate EA, have no faith in what can be done with the product, and will probably never be happy with the final product.
Understand Emmdot, we just want an enjoyable, functional football game. We are only critical because we love the game and want it to meet it's potential.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that maybe fixing this game is not on the "high priority" list of the game developers right now. I saw what happened with NCAA 12. They just left it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »