Home

Madden NFL 13 Online Fantasy Drafts Are on the Way

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Online Fantasy Drafts Are on the Way within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Announces Fantasy Draft!

Unfortunatly my copy will be going back tomorrow and be getting traded in towards NHL. CCM showed so much promise before its release but i just cant get past the lack of features.

Good luck and have fun all you fantasy draft players. I only hope the rest of the community also gets what they ask for.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #90
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
95% ?? I think your math is a bit off. I know plenty of people who don't have Xbox live because they can't afford internet access.

It's a sad fact, but a reality. What about those people who CAN'T play online, and those of us who choose not to? We just get the short end of the stick?

Obviously.
It's just that so many games for the 360 these days are geared towards online. It used to be how you could go over your friend's house to play. Now, you can do it over xbox live.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #91
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
are you sure about that? cause i'm really not thinking so by what im reading. Now while this fantasy draft stuff has never been even the smallest bit important to me as i havent used it in probably over a decade. the thing with online updates is they can control any and everything involving any online feature, if they wanted to and had the coding they could make every player into chickens and turn all the fields into pools. the logical plan of attack here is

release patch online -> find bugs -> tighten up the mode -> release the full in title update.

So you can technically consider whats happening tomorrow a beta for the full patch. Theyll fix what they think needs fixing and work it into the title update accordingly. i have my gripes with the game too its far from perfect, but people have to see at least theyre trying to please which is something thats out of the norm for EA.

and i have zero affiliation with dev teams or anything like that. i have met devs and helped on updates for Gears of War 3 which is why i know how these update situations work. The more you know
From what I understand EA has there own internal testing process so I'm guessing the only step the online patches skip is the Microsoft QA test and what happens with that is a patch for Madden would basically sit in a queue for patches over at Microsoft till they look it over.

I severely doubt EA wouldn't go ahead QA a patch themselves seeing as they could possible ruin many peoples Online CC if they botched so I don't think they'd run the risk of using the mode they consider the future as a test subject

Last edited by kjjnesb; 09-13-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #92
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
It's just that so many games for the 360 these days are geared towards online. It used to be how you could go over your friend's house to play. Now, you can do it over xbox live.
Also understandable, but, what about your friend that doesn't have Xbox live? Or what about you and your roommate who want to do an offline CCM together? Or you and your brothers who do franchise mode together in the same house on the same console?

From not being able to edit our players, to schemes not working, to not being able to have your friends/family members play franchise mode with you, offline guys got the short end of the stick this year hands down.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #93
Banned

BroncosFan18's Arena

OVR: 3

Does EA even care about the offline gamers
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #94
MVP

berad88's Arena

I never knew so many people cared about fantasy drafts. What ever happened to playing as your favorite team? If I wanted to play with random players from random teams I would just play MUT. What a boring announcement.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #95
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...60_video_games

Other than FPS, the majority of the best selling games on 360 are single player oriented games which had multiplayer components. You are over generalizing. Just because internet is at your fingertips and you make friends easily online doesn't mean it's the same with everyone. The mere fact that 30% (2011 census) of the country has no broadband or internet access alone is reason enough for any company to have a fully functioning offline component.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #96
MVP

berad88's Arena

To all the people that say that EA does not care about offline you do know you can play a single player online franchise right?

If you get extra benefits to your Madden experience by being connected to the internet then how is that a bad thing?

Playing online does not mean you have to be playing against other people.

As long as the servers are not down there is no reason to not want to play while connected to the internet.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »