Home

Madden 12 - damn it's nice

This is a discussion on Madden 12 - damn it's nice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 12 - damn it's nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Well yeah I agree with you 100%, cause Madden 12 PS3 was a abomination. It's the very reason I went out last year and bought a slim(that and NBA 2k12).

Go look at Madden 12 on 360 and your mouth will drop. No jaggies at all, and crystal clear image. the grass doesn't look like water colored oil paint like the PS3 did(besides Lucas oil stadium, it was still terrible on 360 but way better then the PS3 version)

Trust me man, I'm the one who made the PS3 grass thread last year. I know all about the PS3 Madden 12 graphics.

This year it looks like EA didn't use AA on the 360 version, and instead just heavily softened the picture! The PS3 this year is possibly better, depending on if you prefer a more clean and detailed picture with lots of jaggies(PS3) or a very soft(blurry) picture with little jaggies(xbox 360).
I'm a grass/turf color stickler just like you

I want my grass/turf in my games to look like real. I agree that in this 13, you have this pastel painted grass which looks like crap in some stadiums and ok in others. In day games, again like a day game in seattle, it looks neon too much.

10 and 12 had great grass textures and in 12 the grass textures actually matched the real stadiums. Even turf in 12 was great looking, for example, play in New Orleans, the turf looks great. And how come in 13 we don't get the blades of grass on the close ups we did in 12? Its there a little bit but not as great in detail as in 12.

I know most people dont care about grass and turf, but for me it's something that adds to the atmosphere of the stadium.

Some argue well I'd rather have gameplay over graphics. That argument would be valid if we were still living in 1997 playing on our SNES/GENESIS! With the gaming machines now, YOU CAN HAVE BOTH! No , YOU SHOULD HAVE BOTH! All the other games have both, hell even last years Madden 12 had both. Why couldn't 13? again, I think it's more something going on with the culture at Tiburon than anything else.

btw - the 'crystal clear' comment you make was dead on about 12 and it's graphics. I don't get that in 13. It's sometimes close in night games in 13, but that's about it.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #58
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I've played Madden since 1991. This is my first year I've gone back a year. Madden 12 is leaps and bounds a better game. Madden 13 took 2 steps forward and 10 steps back. Madden 13 I use for MUT, and that's it. Madden 12 I was able to port Madden 13 rosters and start my Franchise with fantasy draft, and accurate draft classes. The Franchise in Madden 12 cannot be touched by the terrible attempt of CCM taking it over. Way too many things missing in CCM for us Franchise users. I've said in another thread that I've had to go to 8 friends houses that purchased Madden 13 because ALL hate it, and install the new rosters on their Madden 12 so they can play Franchise. Madden 12 is great, if they don't add everything from Franchise in Madden 12 then I'll be skipping Madden 14 also. Yeah they got the sales, but only because nobody had a clue they were going to destroy Franchise. Now you just have a bunch of unhappy gamers that have to play last years Madden to actually have fun.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #59
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
There are too many little things missing in CCM and I guess they wont bother adding them in a patch, we'll just have to wait for M14

It's pretty pathetic how much is missing though.
Yet, you aren't taking the initiative to state which 'little things' are missing?

It isn't that I disagree with you, but that is what I keep hearing from people and I have yet to see any suggestions as to what should be added to make this what we think it should be.

Keeping in mind of course, that this is the first year for CCM. I think it is fantastic for an initial mode release and it could use some things like player morale and a deeper draft experience that follows more than just the storyline players.

Then again, I am enjoying the game more than most seem to be...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #60
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
It is easy to port over, but there is always so much you can put into a game due to memory. In order for new things to get into the game, some have to cut. Every Madden from year to year is filled to the brim in contents.
If memory is the issue then how come NHL was able to keep season mode and offline be a gm while adding ccm?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 24

Wasn't 12 the one where it rained 15/16 games per season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I'm a grass/turf color stickler just like you

I want my grass/turf in my games to look like real. I agree that in this 13, you have this pastel painted grass which looks like crap in some stadiums and ok in others. In day games, again like a day game in seattle, it looks neon too much.

10 and 12 had great grass textures and in 12 the grass textures actually matched the real stadiums. Even turf in 12 was great looking, for example, play in New Orleans, the turf looks great. And how come in 13 we don't get the blades of grass on the close ups we did in 12? Its there a little bit but not as great in detail as in 12.

I know most people dont care about grass and turf, but for me it's something that adds to the atmosphere of the stadium.

Some argue well I'd rather have gameplay over graphics. That argument would be valid if we were still living in 1997 playing on our SNES/GENESIS! With the gaming machines now, YOU CAN HAVE BOTH! No , YOU SHOULD HAVE BOTH! All the other games have both, hell even last years Madden 12 had both. Why couldn't 13? again, I think it's more something going on with the culture at Tiburon than anything else.

btw - the 'crystal clear' comment you make was dead on about 12 and it's graphics. I don't get that in 13. It's sometimes close in night games in 13, but that's about it.
I agree with you 100%. Exactly how I see it. Funny you said pastel and neon because that hit it right on the money how it looks in Madden 13. I think the worse thing about it is the blurry soft picture on the 360. It killed any good part of the graphics IMO.

So, I just took a photo of every Madden 10-13 playing browns vs bengals at Paul Brown stadium. I'm gonna post it here soon, because I want everyone to see the crap EA tries to pull over on us. Every single year, EA has changed the grass shading completely. Never to get it more acurate, or like the actual grass colors, but to make it completely different all together. This is EA's way of doing things, and it is the very reason this game is still a 6.5. They don't try to improve the game and make it more authentic, they just try and change it so it is different.

I'll post the photo's in a minute, but it is just funny they do this wash and rinse cycle every year
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Wasn't 12 the one where it rained 15/16 games per season?
I think so. I think they did patched it though eventually.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #64
Banned

If Madden was trying to be authentic, then they wouldn't take a great looking Madden 10 Paul brown stadium grass and change it every year drastically for no reason. The fact is Madden is just trying to "look different".

Note:My camera made all the colors a little lighter then they appear in game, and a little less colorful. Just pay attention to all the different styles and shadings EA has used since Madden 10. The purpose was never to make it look authentic, just different.

Madden 10 standard cam(this actually looks much better in game, camera made it a little lighter, and the 5 yard color changes are not very visible in game)

Madden 12 zoom cam(now they randomly decided to make it change colors every 5 yards)

Madden 13(Now EA has decided to make it light green with little dark green rows...very interesting. What was the source used to create this field exactly?). And what is with the blimp view as a standard cam? Come on EA!!!

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-16-2012 at 09:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »