Home

25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone

This is a discussion on 25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #49
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone

Loooovvvvedd the cone!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #50
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

I would like it back as an OPTION! Currently with default sliders there are almost no difference between elite QBs and scrubs...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #51
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I honestly loved it but you can tell by this small sample size that it was indeed very polarizing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
In 2006 QB did not have three accuracy (short, medium, deep) and a single THA skill. Then Cone was an awesome improvement or realism/sim in the fact that it was creating a REAL difference between Peyton Manning or Tom Brady versus other QB to represent their AWR (because the size of the cone was driven by the AWR skill).

It was making full/total sense for people playing online in a franchise mode for multiple season because then it made sense to invest a lot of cap space for Manning or Brady (QB not mobile but with high awr). It was an incredible improvement. Before the cone some below average QB could lead their team to SB (I played a bowl with Josh McCown as QB).

When it was removed (for the change of engine) then the three accuracies (short, med, deep) were introduced to separate QB. The cone then was not anymore really needed even if I think it would still make sense from a strict sim style standpoint.

Regardless of opinions (pro or cons) the cone was a revolution and an important change to the game.

That are my 2 cents
Have to disagree with the bold. Short medium and long accuracy has nothing to do with qb awareness and progressing through reads. If anything the cone would have been more realistic when they added the 3 accuracy categories.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1
It was a cool concept now that I look back at it, I never used it because I was young and couldn't understand why my qb couldn't throw to someone that was across his body. Lol silly kids.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #54
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
It needs this or a throwing meter.
THANK YOU.

All we need is a meter, or a gauge, that can be toggled on and off with set standards and trajectories for every minute element on the gauge. The ratings affect each end result and it is up to the user to adapt and make very accurate throws... DEPENDING on the rating.

With regards the vision cone, I never played 06 (was happy with 03 until 2010) and therefore can't comment but its such an eye sore... if it was implemented with a hiding of the buttons for the receivers downfield until you manually looked at them, or clicked onto them, and came with the QB actually moving his head, I'd embrace it.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymore
One way to implement it would be to require selecting a button twice to throw. The first click is basically telling the quarterback to look at the X receiver then next button click would actually throw it to that reciever. You could also have it where the primary reciever in the route only requires pressing the button only one time. You could maybe delay the response time between the clicks for lower rated passers.
Or you could do like Tecmo Bowl where you switch between receivers one at a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #56
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I liked the Vision cone, It made a difference In QB's besides Accuracy, I have to give EA it's due on this Feature I would like it back actually

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »