Home

25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone

This is a discussion on 25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 3
Actually one of the best ideas ever introduced into a Madden title at least in its concept.
Wouldve worked alot better if they allowed you to use the triggers to move the qbs focus left and right.
Even the R2 was a bit awkward. if I couldve moved my qbs head left with the left trigger and right with the right trigger it wouldve been much more palatable.
This kind of innovation should be a benchmark for the team at Tiburon as they head into Next Gen consoles.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 3
Also, in the absence of mechanics like the cone, ive found that the best way for me
To get a more "real" NFL feel from Madden I play on Very Fast with Speed Threshold at 0.
This forces you to Snap,Read & Throw.
You cant hold onto the ball for 10 seconds while the plays developing.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #59
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: 25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone

The vision cone is the single most sim feature ever implemented into Madden IMO. It literally changed the way you have to play the game. You had a BIG advantage if you knew which receiver was gonna be open before the snap. I learned how to read defenses PRESNAP because of this. Before the vision cone, I used to snap the ball and just read the defense on the fly, but you were gonna have a hard time if you played like that all the time with the vision cone. So myself and others had to adjust how we play the game. I definitely wish it would be brought back in some form or fashion.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #60
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
You could have just turned it off? Lol
You couldn't turn it off on All Madden.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #61
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

If you like realism I don't see how you can justify not liking the cone. All the things a real QB has to do you had to do with the vision cone. QBs have to look at the receiver before throwing and some QBs have better vision than others right? On offense, being able to look off safeties was awesome and on defense, reading the QBs "eyes" was pretty cool too. I think it just became too hard for users but just like anything new you just have to get used to it.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #62
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I just felt like it was clunky and the flashlight looked goofy. Loved the concept but hated the implementation. IMO steering a qb's vision was just as "videogame" as anything else. A qb looking and turning his head is instant, he doesn't have to steer. Again love the idea of trying to add vision and a new mechanic to being a quarterback, but it needed refinement.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #63
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Shot Stick(2k) Skill Stick(NHL) Vision Cone(Madden)

All game changing sim oriented features based on all factors of a player ratings, opposing players ratings, and users knowledge of the controls.

Most of us hated the shot sick in 2K but the developers knew the importance in simulation the feature had and made us adapt we soon grew to love it.

Some of us found the skill stick to be more complicated then pressing "deke" but the developers knew the importance in simulation the feature had and made us adapt we soon grew to love it.

LILNICB15 made a point that some of us were kids at the time of it being released and not understanding the dynamics involved with a QB's progression.

Any feature that makes people go into the practice mode for hours to learn and individual players abilities and controls with that said feature should be applauded in the community.

Every players release in 2k wont be as smoove as Kobe's so learning how others release for everytype of shot is important. I know people who can take over with a ben gordan, steph curry, dirk, or shawn marion just by release knowledge alone that was acquired from PRACTICE with the shot stick which SHOULD REWARD THE PLAYER.

Not every player skates or handles the puck like datsyuk. So it is important to know that you can't dangle the D with jimmy hayes persay. BUT you can practice with that said player understand what they are capable of despite not having the high control or skating ratings and find a way to be effective once again REWARDING THE PLAYER FOR PRACTICING WITH THE FEATURE(skill stick).

If the vision cone were to return it does not mean if your favorite team is the bengals andy dolton is automatically ineffective. No feature should make you afraid to play with other teams simply because their weakness is a QB with low awareness. This just means that as the bengals user you gotta get in PRACTICE and learn how to cope with his cone. Find which plays work for him which receiver sets are best in any situation. Take that another step into Franchise Mode and knowing you played a couple of seasons with dolton and adapted to his ablities based on stats you the USER should be REWARDED for his AWR and passing ratings increase.

In my sports gaming experience I have learned that no team is really "weak" no player is really "useless" as long a simulation features give the user a chance at understanding how to adapt along side the feature and that players ratings in sometype of way.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #64
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Another problem I had with the cone is it represented the QB awareness, if I'm taking control, my aawareness is suppose to. The flashlight then impedes on my awareness and was annoying.

It was a gimmick, because they couldn't get the AI right-tight.lol

Maybe if they brought it back invisible or something, but the casuals wouldn't like it and step on some pockets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »