Home

EA Survey on Price cut

This is a discussion on EA Survey on Price cut within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Survey on Price cut

Quote:

MMan said:
I don't want fukin madden to lower their price. I guess they'll do whatever it takes for people not to get espn, because once that maddenite gives espn a chance, they won't look back.

why the hell wouldn't u want them to lower their price. i hope they do. since im buyin all 3 football games, that just means less money for me to spend. this is why i never understand people who want espn tp go away and only have madden out there. competition only helps the customer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #26
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Eddie_420 said:
Quote:

MMan said:
I don't want fukin madden to lower their price. I guess they'll do whatever it takes for people not to get espn, because once that maddenite gives espn a chance, they won't look back.

why the hell wouldn't u want them to lower their price. i hope they do. since im buyin all 3 football games, that just means less money for me to spend. this is why i never understand people who want espn tp go away and only have madden out there. competition only helps the customer

Exactly.

See how things can be turned back on people
Old 06-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2

You how it is when a big game is released and you go into Best Buy to get it, but all you see is 4 or 5 of those damn white slabs of plastic with the name and price @ the top because it's sold out. I GARAUNTEE that's what ESPN 2k5 is going to be like when it gets released. People are going to go ape sh*t over that $19.99 price when they see it in stores. If you're smart you will pre-order your copy and not wait to buy it when it hits the shelves.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

MMan said:

so you're saying you wouldn't want the competition to do something that would benefit the consumer because it wuoldn't benefit the company you're enamored with. spoken like a true fanboy.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #29
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Why would ANYONE not want a cheaper game? That makes absolutely no sense at all. I am not really planning on buying Madden this season (I have 2004 and rotate every other year with NCAA), but if it is like $30, I might pick it up this year.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #30
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

LOL the last two posts is music to my ears.

Very good, guys
Old 06-14-2004, 08:01 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

WatchdogXC said:
Why would ANYONE not want a cheaper game? That makes absolutely no sense at all. I am not really planning on buying Madden this season (I have 2004 and rotate every other year with NCAA), but if it is like $30, I might pick it up this year.

This is absolutely the reason that the ESPN drop is so "out of the box" and the reason that I hope it works. For what is essentially a patch to the game every year, you need to shell out $50 for a game that has obsolete rosters by the time it reaches your hands (and remains that way unless you do some of the programming for them or have online capability, which most people still do not have). A $30-$35 price tag is reasonable, and as an avid gamer I would still spend the $50 right now because I am used to it, but as I get older and have less time to play I would probably let my sports titles skip seasons soon. At $30...much more likely to keep updating year after year, no matter what game it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Sheik said:
Here's one important red flag that alot of people seem to be missing.

How cocky do you have to be to cut your price and specifically tell your online competitor,"My game aginast your game, I own you."

They're not trying to outsell EA, they're trying to give people the oppurtunity to judge for themselves.

Not all, but alot of Madden lovers cringe when you attack their precise. They litterally spasm and go green eyed when you even step forward to question the big fat mans series.
Only problem is, they don't know exactly what it is their missing because what they've been given is all that they know.

I won't give up which game I choose, because I used to be a Madden die hard..*uck the rest fan.

Times change, people change.

Problem is, will EA change when people start changing on them?

P.S. I also forgot to mention indocrotring a swell of future youth WHO WILL get ESPN from their parents because it's $19.99 and not $49.99 like madden. Gamers aren't cheap, parents are though.

very well said!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »