Home

EA Survey on Price cut

This is a discussion on EA Survey on Price cut within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2004, 01:39 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: EA Survey on Price cut

With a $19.99 MSRP, I wonder if we'll see ESPN on sale for $16.99 or so in stores like Target. That's usually what they'll price new release dvds for the first week or so that they get them in. Pretty hard to believe some store may sell such a great game for $16, but you'd think that some will. Every football fan in the country might buy a copy of ESPN at that price. What do you have to lose?
Old 06-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

BSB215 said:
Even if you're an EA fan you have to give props to Sega for this.

Props.

In the end all's ESPN did was convince me to buy ESPN and Madden (assuming that cuts it price aswell.)

It's great how us consumers can work together, even while liking different products. Thanks to ESPN for allowing me to get both games this year, for cheap.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #19
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Don't expect Madden to go down in price.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #20
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's one important red flag that alot of people seem to be missing.

How cocky do you have to be to cut your price and specifically tell your online competitor,"My game aginast your game, I own you."

They're not trying to outsell EA, they're trying to give people the oppurtunity to judge for themselves.

Not all, but alot of Madden lovers cringe when you attack their precise. They litterally spasm and go green eyed when you even step forward to question the big fat mans series.
Only problem is, they don't know exactly what it is their missing because what they've been given is all that they know.

I won't give up which game I choose, because I used to be a Madden die hard..*uck the rest fan.

Times change, people change.

Problem is, will EA change when people start changing on them?

P.S. I also forgot to mention indocrotring a swell of future youth WHO WILL get ESPN from their parents because it's $19.99 and not $49.99 like madden. Gamers aren't cheap, parents are though.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

I think 50 bucks is too much for all games. Remember when PS1 was on their 4th year, games cost 39.99. Most sports games are just expansion packs. I think 29.99 is a fair price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #22
Rookie

yoyoctw's Arena

OVR: 1

I think EA is damned if they do, damned if they don't. I don't think dropping the price will help or hurt Madden sales one bit. The fact is that a LOT more people are going to try ESPN this year regardless of what EA does with the price. If EA drops the price, it's not like people are going to say "Well because Madden is cheaper, I might as not well buy ESPN." The fact is that no matter what EA does, ESPN will still be cheap as hell and within range of impulse purchase for just about everyone. I don't think EA can do anything to make people not buy ESPN short of making Sega raise their price back up to $49.95. If EA drops their price, not only is that an instant way for them to lose millions of profits, but it may give people that extra cash to spend on ESPN. But then again if EA keeps their price up and people end up liking ESPN better, than that's a problem too. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm beginning to think this is the smartest move Sega could have possibly made because it puts their competition in a position where they almost can't win.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

If anything it sets up Sega to go head to head with Madden next year.This year EA will not lose sales..Madden people will buy it anyway...they just may pick up Sega also. Sega and Madden may gain sales from the "fever" and "gameday" crowd. Is EA worried...I doubt it..not this year at least.They have the resources to improve dramtically in nextgen consoles. If MS had VC...may be a different story.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #24
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

dropping the price $10 or $20 only costs EA $4 to at most $10 for them. the charge the store $20 to $30 and the store recieves the rest of the money. so a price drop wont cost them too much. but it will force them to improve the game.

there are stuff madden does well, and stuff espn does well. after playing both last year, espn has the gameplay edge and madden the off the field edge, imo. madden has the arcade edge also, which is what a lot of the country looks for in a game.

when people played madden at my house the scores were high. when they played espn the scores were lower. they all said the same thing. espn felt more like football. almost all of them were madden fans which is why i had both.

this is what madden has to worry about. how many fans will like espn after this price drop? the next few years at EA may still be reverberating from this price drop if espn puts out a bug-free solid game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »