Home

EA Survey on Price cut

This is a discussion on EA Survey on Price cut within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2004, 06:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Survey on Price cut

I took the survey. They need to know we are pissed. They can't just sit back, make money, add 1 new feature per year plus take away one feature. They need to ask what's important to the fans. I would rather run a cheese grater over my nut sack 10 times than see EA Sports include more MADDEN CARDS. What a bunch of shizzle. I have never used those things. What's the point? I want realism, not NBA JAM crap. This whole thing has got out of hand for EA and it's about time someone (Visual Concepts) has stepped in and made EA look like idiots. EA has stated that all they have to do is add a feature or 2 each year, include roster updates, and make new MADDEN CARDS and everyone will be happy and throw their money at EA. Well, I just have to say that Jeremy Stauser's days are numbered. That guy sucks [censored]. I am upset and annoyed. Jeremy thinks, "Ah, we'll add a HOF feature when we feel like it." "Ah, we'll make our product the best we can for everyone by making it for the console the majority of the U.S. owns." Well, screw you EA and Jeremy. I am not buying Madden again (which I have bought every single year since 1992) until you prove you can make a game that stands up to it's underlying philosophy; If it's in the game, it's in the game. Get your head right, talk to Visual Concepts. Hell, just talk to the crew that makes EA's NCAA series. They make a better game every year without taking things away and they are building on groundwork you guys have been laying out a year in advance. Damn, I am upset. The ESPN crew is probably already working on ESPN NFL 2k6 and EA is wondering how to incorporate Madden '95 into a PS2 anniversary special edition. How nice. I am so mad at EA and the Madden crew I might not buy NCAA this year. Too bad VC won't make a college game. They would already have another $19.99 from me.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

grunt said:
EA is scared. They know this is the most serious attempt to take market share since GD98. It was just last week that EA was trying to sell their "collector edition" for 60 dollars. I guess, the ball is in their court now. Free markets can be a good thing.

EA will never be scared. They will continue to have football on lock. Until ESPN NFL gets the mass adoration and marketing Madden got over years and years, then it would be time to panic.

Sega will get my bucks though. I love last year's game and this year's looks like the best between the pro games, IMO.

Being a football fan at $20 a shot you would have to be a moron not to pick ESPN NFL 2005 up. All VC needs you to do is play it and it will be hard to go back to playing just Madden. Having ESPN2005 at $20 will get it in more hands than at $50. Releasing it earlier than Madden2005 at $20 will get it in even more hands. If people don't buy it their friends who like ESPN will buy them a copy.

If EA keeps Madden2005 at $50 I would say they aren't scared but if EA drops the price any I would say they are. You think about it EA is in a hard spot. To not look scared and try and keep people from buying ESPN2005 EA needs to keep Madden2005 at $50. Because if they cut their price people will have more money to buy ESPN2005.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #11
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

$50 is just too much for a game that is replaced every year like sports titles. If someone was to get NCAA and Madden, that is over $100 after taxes within a couple months. If they would just drop the price of games to $39 you could get both for less than $100 and I wouldn't feel like I just spent a ton of money on something that would be replaced the next year. The fact that ESPN is only $20 is amazing, I hope it carries over to the basketball games too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2004, 11:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

i don't think ea is scared at all, at the most they will lower the price of the xbox game to $40 and the ps2 version to $50, just to show that they are "concerned"

the reason ea is not scared is that thay figure that most people will by both, as its only $20 extra to buy espn, but it will help espn, because the amount of games sold will be near double of 2k4's sales, and more people will be exposed to espm and may grow to like it more than madden, and you will see alot of madden 2005's collectiong dust, or piled in game stop's bargain bin
Old 06-12-2004, 11:50 AM   #13
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't want fukin madden to lower their price. I guess they'll do whatever it takes for people not to get espn, because once that maddenite gives espn a chance, they won't look back.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:53 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

This is why competition is GOOD!!! Very good.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

HbK265 said:
i don't think ea is scared at all, at the most they will lower the price of the xbox game to $40 and the ps2 version to $50, just to show that they are "concerned"

the reason ea is not scared is that thay figure that most people will by both, as its only $20 extra to buy espn, but it will help espn, because the amount of games sold will be near double of 2k4's sales, and more people will be exposed to espm and may grow to like it more than madden, and you will see alot of madden 2005's collectiong dust, or piled in game stop's bargain bin

EA isn't scared this year but a firm such as EA is looking to the next generation systems. I think VC knew that at one time NFl2k sold a million copies and I think they can sell close to million this year. Since, there are only 2 NFL games out this year. VC is also trying to capture the Gameday and Fever buyers.

If VC can produce a quality game and sell close to million this year then EA should be nervous.
Most likely I will be more than one copy of ESPN football. Its a cheap birthday gift for my brother.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

None of these games should be $50. Tghe whole damn system cost $150. It's too much money for a video game. Maybe Sega/VC will set the stage for price drops in all of these sports games. Even if you're an EA fan you have to give props to Sega for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »