Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #177
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Nice. So now that I like the game I'm obviously a share holder. Damn EA and their ways. They are trying to buy us out!

Please, dude. Do you own shares in Sony because you love bringing down 2k.

See how stupid that sounded. That's what you remind me of when you say what I quoted.
Lets get this straight. I love 2k games. Nfl2k5 is still my favorite football game. Nba2k8 is a classic. My problem is with mlb2k8. I hate the graphics, framerate, commentary and overall feel of the game. I'm no Sony lover or anything but the show is a better game period. I never came in here saying the show is better ext. I was only stating my huge disappointment with this game. Also about framrate. It plays like at 15-20 fps. It studders alot and its extremly annoying. This is not what I expected from brinkman who was part of MVP which I loved. Another thing I hate the fact that EA is trying to buyout 2k. I hate EA. So don't think I'm happy about that at all. I'm with u on that one. I want this game to play as smooth as silk. Its the 3rd year and they can't make a great baseball game. 2k7 was good but not great.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #178
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6
Article really makes no sense.

Says he is not all that much of a Baseball fan
Says the game is boringm which is because he is not a baseball fan.
Says it's the same game as last year , which it isn't .
Says He mastered the game last year. Oh really, you mastered the new Pitching, Batting. Fielding , and throwing all last year?

Sounds too much like just a ***** whine to me, nice try though.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #179
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by frago
Article really makes no sense.

Says he is not all that much of a Baseball fan
Says the game is boringm which is because he is not a baseball fan.
Says it's the same game as last year , which it isn't .
Says He mastered the game last year. Oh really, you mastered the new Pitching, Batting. Fielding , and throwing all last year?

Sounds too much like just a ***** whine to me, nice try though.
Good points, I just don't see why a proffesional site would post this article.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #180
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I just don't understand why people who like The Show better spend more of their spare time in here bashing 2k8 vs playing The Show.
For me, I hate 2K with a passion because they bought off the MLB to kill a vastly superior game (MVP) and are now forcing 360 owners to buy their crap baseball game if they want to play baseball on their console. I despise such anti-consumer business practices and 2K's unwillingness to do something to get their game up to par because they have no competition on 2 of the 3 consoles. The unfortunate thing about it is that 360 owners are so desperate for a baseball game, this game sells anyway despite it's poor quality. If I can do anything to get the word out to keep even one person from being ripped off by this miserable company, it's worth it to me.

It makes me mad to see other baseball fans not to get to enjoy playing the great game of baseball on their consoles because of underhanded business practices. I shouldn't have had to sell my 360 and spend another $500 just to be able to play a great game of video baseball.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #181
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
LMAO @ the people who are taking shots at OS. this is the most moderated and well run site as far as gaming goes on the net. I been here long time. pretty much garbage gets called garbage and good stuff gets called good stuff i have never felt or seen an anti 2k or ea agenda with this site. up until recently most of the comments were user generated anyway and fans each have their own opinion so you cant label the site as anti 2k. lol. just ridiculous.
I don't think this site is anywhere NEAR harsh enough on 2K. I would go one step farther than just pointing out the poor quality of the game, IMO they should be addressing the issue with the MLB in the columns on why the league continues to allow this company to have a monopoly on making their games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #182
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Lets get this straight...
I agree with you. I just want a good baseball game.

I'm happy with 2k8's gameplay. Obviously, there are many other things that 2k9 needs to work on.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #183
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB82
I don't think this site is anywhere NEAR harsh enough on 2K. I would go one step farther than just pointing out the poor quality of the game, IMO they should be addressing the issue with the MLB in the columns on why the league continues to allow this company to have a monopoly on making their games.

They already have their $.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #184
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB82
For me, I hate 2K with a passion because they bought off the MLB to kill a vastly superior game (MVP)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »