Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Tigers @ Indians

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Tigers @ Indians within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #33
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Tigers @ Indians

Really liked seeing Verlander struggle there. He was trying to be too fine and fell behind in a lot of those counts. Very realistic...a lot of drawn out at bats and a lot of pitches thrown by Verlander.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #34
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Really liked seeing Verlander struggle there. He was trying to be too fine and fell behind in a lot of those counts. Very realistic...a lot of drawn out at bats and a lot of pitches thrown by Verlander.
I agree, that's what I loved about this video. On the downside, baa is right, too many looping flyballs that drop and no ground balls through the hole.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

What I would really like to see, but I didn't was when there were multiple baserunners, Verlander NEVER even turned his head towards any baserunner. Not even to keep them honest. Perhaps he was just super focused on the batter?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo68
What I would really like to see, but I didn't was when there were multiple baserunners, Verlander NEVER even turned his head towards any baserunner. Not even to keep them honest. Perhaps he was just super focused on the batter?!
Has any baseball game had that?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #37
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I agree, that's what I loved about this video. On the downside, baa is right, too many looping flyballs that drop and no ground balls through the hole.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It was only one inning, but it's been one inning in several different games now.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #38
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not that I can recall...at least with any purpose, but as I think about it, it's something that could be added to provide some additional reality to the game.

Thinking out loud for a one player game:

During the pitcher vs. batter sequence, instead of showing the picture baserunner as well as the little stick figure guys in the diagram, why not close all of that stuff off and force the pitcher to check runners and then force the game to show visuals to let both parties know what is going on (in real life a runner typically knows when a pitcher is looking at him).

Don't show the picture in pitcure base runner unless the pitcher presses a button. This would then pop up that box, the pitcher would turn his head and it would be semi-realistic...or maybe the picture in picture is always there but very fuzzy or unclear until the pitcher turned and looked.

For a runner at second, It'd be pretty cool if when you turned to look at the runner on second, the camera would pan/zoon out as the pitcher turned his head 180 degrees.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread on this topic.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Thinking out loud for a one player game:

During the pitcher vs. batter sequence, instead of showing the picture baserunner as well as the little stick figure guys in the diagram, why not close all of that stuff off and force the pitcher to check runners and then force the game to show visuals to let both parties know what is going on (in real life a runner typically knows when a pitcher is looking at him).
Very awesome idea. Not pick-up-and-play friendly though for, you know, casual gamers.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #40
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I don't think the CPU has ever done it.

I remember when the user could first do it 2K3/4, it was so damn cool. I would check the runners before every pitch, just looked so cool especially when pitching from the behind-the-pitcher cam.

I was also funny as hell to do the the look-over with Mussina while he was doing his stupid dip thing from the stretch, he looked like he was auditioning for a role in the Exorcist, lol.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »