Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #793
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Let the guys who 'knew' the Yankees were gonna come back on top of the division come outta every nook and cranny now....

By the way, as a Sox fan, I knew they weren't done

Eh, the Sox will still win the division. There is no way our bats will stay this hot for the entire second half.

Tonight has been wild as all hell. We got what we'd expect from Brown in his first start back, and the O has continued to be on an absolute rampage. Good to see Hideki break outta his mini-slump and A-Rod and Sheff still are hammering the ball.

One thing that is bothering me though, it seems like Jeter has been absolutely awful in the clutch at the plate this season. He's always been so great, and his numbers this year overall are very good, but his one at-bat tonight when he got caught looking to end the inning, it just seems like he's been strangely bad in the clutch.

Let's see if Mo can close this baby out for us.....

WTF, anyone watching on YES did the picture dissappear and goto a blue YES screen? Kay sounds like he's on the radio now.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #794
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Eh, the Sox will still win the division. There is no way our bats will stay this hot for the entire second half.

Tonight has been wild as all hell. We got what we'd expect from Brown in his first start back, and the O has continued to be on an absolute rampage. Good to see Hideki break outta his mini-slump and A-Rod and Sheff still are hammering the ball.

One thing that is bothering me though, it seems like Jeter has been absolutely awful in the clutch at the plate this season. He's always been so great, and his numbers this year overall are very good, but his one at-bat tonight when he got caught looking to end the inning, it just seems like he's been strangely bad in the clutch.

Let's see if Mo can close this baby out for us.....

WTF, anyone watching on YES did the picture dissappear and goto a blue YES screen? Kay sounds like he's on the radio now.
Yeah theyre having video problems.

I don't think our bats necessarily have to stay hot the whole second ahlf. We just need decent starting pitching out of pitchers that are fully capable of doing that. Its not like the Sox and Orioles don't have problems in the pitching department just as seriously as ours.

Mo was spectacular again and the Yanks now are in 1st place.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #795
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Thank you Mr. Avatar man.

His location on all his pitches in the AB's vs. Tex and Blalack was

First place for now, we'll see how things go from here....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 11:46 PM   #796
Pro

OVR: 7

Well, just when people thought there might not be postseason baseball in NY..

I don't see the Yankees having much of a problem at all in the second half of this season.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #797
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Yea, once the video went out I switched over to ESPN, and they put it on there.

I didn't see anything before the 8th inning. Sounds like another poor pitching performance, but hey, a wins a win, and first place sounds pretty nice.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #798
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Yeah theyre having video problems.

I don't think our bats necessarily have to stay hot the whole second ahlf. We just need decent starting pitching out of pitchers that are fully capable of doing that. Its not like the Sox and Orioles don't have problems in the pitching department just as seriously as ours.

Mo was spectacular again and the Yanks now are in 1st place.

True, all three have pitching problems, but it seems like ours are worse for some reason, maybe it's just because we have such a friggen carosel (sp?) of pitchers. We also have the oldest staff of the three which worries me as the season gets older, and especially for the post season.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, anyway it's a good feeling to be in first right now.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #799
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Yea, once the video went out I switched over to ESPN, and they put it on there.

I didn't see anything before the 8th inning. Sounds like another poor pitching performance, but hey, a wins a win, and first place sounds pretty nice.
I'd think a possible serious injury to Sierra would hurt a lot more than a shaky pitching staff. The Yankees may not have the pitching overall for a long postseason run, but the offense more than makes up for it.

I'd hate to say it but the division IS the Yankees to lose. If the Yankees go into a tailspin, the Sox and the Orioles haven't shown the killer instinct needed to put the Yankees away. The Yankees were not looking good not that long ago, but the Sox just kept on losing.

I wish the Mets had the issues the Yankees had. I think most teams would want the issues the Yankees have.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #800
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage
I'd think a possible serious injury to Sierra would hurt a lot more than a shaky pitching staff. The Yankees may not have the pitching overall for a long postseason run, but the offense more than makes up for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »