Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #257
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Lowell is better then Millar. Lowell is a gold glove winner and offensively their about the same with the edge to Lowell I think.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #258
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Lowell is better then Millar. Lowell is a gold glove winner and offensively their about the same with the edge to Lowell I think.

Lowell has an edge defensively yes, but he's also walking around with a fork in his back and a bottle of A1 Sauce in his pocket in regards to his offense IMO.

Plus I like Millar's attitude.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #259
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Lowell has an edge defensively yes, but he's also walking around with a fork in his back and a bottle of A1 Sauce in his pocket in regards to his offense IMO.

Plus I like Millar's attitude.
I miss Millar's attitude as well (which may or may not be a factor once they start slumping), but there's no way I'd want him on the roster over Lowell. Hell, they don't even play the same position.
Millar's defense is not good enough to carry his noodle bat. Case in point, the line drive hit at him today where he caught it, but fumbled to stand up properly and stop a run scoring from third. Glad we don't have to be on the butt-end of those misplays.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #260
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
I miss Millar's attitude as well (which may or may not be a factor once they start slumping), but there's no way I'd want him on the roster over Lowell. Hell, they don't even play the same position.
Millar's defense is not good enough to carry his noodle bat. Case in point, the line drive hit at him today where he caught it, but fumbled to stand up properly and stop a run scoring from third. Glad we don't have to be on the butt-end of those misplays.
Few firstbasemen would have fielded that and got the runner out. We probably have one of them on the Red Sox. And one of them is retired.

I know they don't play the same position, I was just thinking if it were to happen Youk would move back to 3rd and Millar to 1st.

Lowell, like I already said, looks done.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #261
MVP

OVR: 14

WHDH-TV 7 in Boston is reporting Coco Crisp will be out 4 weeks with a broken knuckle. =/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #262
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
WHDH-TV 7 in Boston is reporting Coco Crisp will be out 4 weeks with a broken knuckle. =/
Was about to type the same thing. Just read it on SoSH.

Bummer
Old 04-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #263
MVP

OVR: 14

Looks like Stern is gonna get some playing time early this year. I don't see him being demoted now...
Old 04-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #264
MVP

I wonder what will happen with Wells now, I thought they were going to use Stern's roster spot for Wells once he returned from the DL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »