Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #2689
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING.

It makes me sick not seeing "Atlanta Braves" anywhere near a baseball playoff schedule....
Old 10-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #2690
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Coaching Changes

Quote:
After third-base coach Fredi Gonzalez was officially announced as the new Marlins manager on Tuesday afternoon, the Braves announced that Bobby Dews and Pat Corrales will also be absent from their 2007 coaching staff.

Dews, 67, who had been the club's bullpen coach, and Corrales, 65, had been the longest-tenured coaches on Cox's staff.

"I would like to express my gratitude to Pat Corrales and Bobby Dews," Cox said. "They were by my side for a long time, and we spent a lot of great seasons together. They have really been an important part of the unsurpassed success we've had here. They are both great coaches and good friends."

Brian Snitker will replace Gonzalez, and Eddie Perez will now serve as the bullpen coach. Chino Cadahia will take over for Corrales as the bench coach.

"We feel that with the guys that we've added we've got an energetic and capable staff," general manager John Schuerholz said. "We feel really good about it."
Old 10-03-2006, 10:50 PM   #2691
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Too bad we didn't make Brian Jordan one of the coaches. Otherwise, there is still a chance that he plays for us next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #2692
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
Too bad we didn't make Brian Jordan one of the coaches. Otherwise, there is still a chance that he plays for us next year.
He could always be an assistant trainer or something, he spends plenty of time in the training room as it is.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:30 AM   #2693
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

atlfan, have you seen the long thread about Giles over at TheBravesShow.com where Shanks has pretty much stated that Giles' has a drinking problem and this may be one of the reasons he will be moved this offseason? If you have I just want to see what you think about it.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:08 PM   #2694
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Yeah, I have seen that thread. Personally, I think it was really irresponsible of Shanks to encourage that type of speculation without providing any real evidence.

He's been doing this junk all year, though. The stuff about Chipper, implying that Thomson was faking injuries to avoid being traded, bullcrap like that.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #2695
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

I just don't like how he is handling the whole thing now. When the one guy made the long post stating the reasons why he believes Giles may have a drinking problem Shanks, In response to the post, said that the poster is "really perceptive," implying that the poster was on to something.

Shanks then goes on to downplay the whole "perceptive" comment acting like he didn't say anything that should have added fuel to the fire. I don't know, in my opinion he should have shut down what the guy was saying or given the reasons why he was on to something. Not make a comment like "You're really perceptive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #2696
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Yeah, that comment just opens the door for further speculation. Maybe that's what he wanted, though...

I do find it interesting that earlier in the year when he made it known he wanted Chipper traded, suddenly Chipper was a bad clubhouse guy. And then when he wants to trade Thomson (and Thomson subsequently gets hurt), well he must be faking injuries. Now that he's in favor of trading Giles, Giles is a drunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »