Home

**The Official New York Yankees Thread**

This is a discussion on **The Official New York Yankees Thread** within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2016, 11:35 PM   #65
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: **The Official New York Yankees Thread**

It's about time Refsnyder is getting consistent opportunities. I like his bat.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #66
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Cashman saying if the team falters, he'll advise Hal to sell and Hal saying we'll be in it at the end of July...if these dudes hold on to all of these assets past August 1 so that we can either slip into the wild card game and lose again or miss the playoffs by 3 games I'll be pissed. Start the rebuild...now.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #67
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Judge down in the minors mashing on a hot streak, 6 homers in his last 11 games at AAA, a far cry from the struggles he was having earlier in the year.

I wonder if Beltran gets dealt could we see him up before the end of the summer. He's 24, gonna have to see what he can do in the bigs at some point. Im intrigued.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #68
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

And Tex comes back from injury and goes 0-3 against the Twins. Honestly Teixeira should have went straight to the bench today instead of back into the everyday lineup. As I've already said, I like Teixeira but in my opinion Refsnyder deserves to be the starting 1B based on what he's done so far.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #69
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Looks like they finally got sick of TV viewers looking at a half empty Yankee Stadium for every game and are getting back in bed with Stubhub. This was pretty inevitable, but it was funny to watch the Yankees try to do it their own way and then insult their fan base trying to justify it. Next step, lower prices.

WOW, now the details are out and they've ****ed up again. This is unbelievable. Now there's no option for physical tickets, and digital tickets still can't be printed. They basically swapped out TM for Stubhub.

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 06-27-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #70
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Looks like they finally got sick of TV viewers looking at a half empty Yankee Stadium for every game and are getting back in bed with Stubhub. This was pretty inevitable, but it was funny to watch the Yankees try to do it their own way and then insult their fan base trying to justify it. Next step, lower prices.

WOW, now the details are out and they've ****ed up again. This is unbelievable. Now there's no option for physical tickets, and digital tickets still can't be printed. They basically swapped out TM for Stubhub.
It's okay. They'll see things won't change and Levine will have to eat crow again.

Man, such a favorite thing of mine, to see Levine back peddle from his comments.

Now he's going on about people not knowing how to run a team. Because Levine has done such a swell job of that.

New York has some of the dumbest executives in sports.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Price floors too. So if anything the secondary market just got worse. Still going to be tons of unused tickets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #72
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

State of the Yankees:

todaysknuckleball.com/inside-baseball-with-jon-heyman/yankee-intrigue-trade-gap-arod

Main points:

- Cashman may be looking to sell but ownership is against it (big surprise)

- Other team officials believe 50-50 shot we hold on to Chapman and re-sign him (...honestly don't know how I feel about this, just doesn't seem to make much sense if we can get a decent prospect for him and then re-sign in the offseason and we already have 2 elite relievers)

- We're asking for so much for Miller that no one thinks he'll be moved (don't have a problem with this, he's a really valuable asset, and one we don't need to give up for less than we think he's worth)

- A-Rod is still washed up, retiring early or accepting a buy out is out of the question

Hal out here looking like Jim Buss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »