Home

Classic Teams

This is a discussion on Classic Teams within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Classic Teams

Big day today as I just finished the '54 Indians. The AL Central is DONE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #26
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Now into the AL West and the '86 and '02 Angels are done!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #27
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7
Awesome, I look forward to these just hope the vault issue is worked out for me by then

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #28
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Just have to put the finishing touches on the '96 Rangers, '01 and '97 Mariners. I am gone on vacation this Thursday and won't return til next Monday. I hope to have the AL done before I leave and in the vault but it'll be close.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 AM   #29
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Well, unfortunately the AL won't be done until next week. I still have four teams left, and I leave for vacation tomorrow.By the middle to end of next week they will be in the vault and I'll release the "to do" list for the NL once the AL is up. It'll be worth the wait
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #30
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OK all, the AL is finished and uploaded to the vault. It is entitled CLASSIC TEAMS AL and my network handle is GREENMONSTER_37. Hope you like everything so far. A few things to keep in mind:
  • Please don't ask my reasons for ratings as most of the players were culled from other roster. The players I created were mostly bench players and relief pitchers. The ratings ARE NOT season specific but certainly are quite reasonable in many cases. I did a rough scan and tried to adjust "outlier" seasons but clearly more work is welcome here. I have more tinkering to do but I just wanted to make these available ASAP. Most star players or HOFers were left alone with the exception of those who were past their prime with certain teams (Frank Thomas with Chicago and Bob Allison with the Twins to name a few).
  • I did the best I could with stances and deliveries for my creations. I'm no expert but I think I did OK. It was hard to find video or even pics for that matter for some players. Also, I didn't have use of a ratings calculator as I just compared players of similar stats for game values.
  • Player ages and uniform numbers should all be correct. There are duplicate players (note: on the 2007 Red Sox I have Coco Crisp as the DH as I couldn't export David Ortiz to that team.... so just FYI) and I have set up "out of the box" lineups that are reasonable and pitching rotations are set. All MLB teams are set to 23/25 man rosters.
Also another roster maker to thank > captainphildo. I'll recognize him on the first page. The NL teams are now up on the first page now. I had hoped this would be all completed by mid August but it'll probably be near the end of the month. Please feel free to post corrections and thoughts. NL coming up!

Last edited by bostongahden; 08-06-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #31
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Ok back at it. The '94 Expos are done and I switched them to the MLB squad. I also changed from the '81 Expos to the '79 team (terrific outfield) and made them "AAA". '95 Braves almost done as well.

Last edited by bostongahden; 08-10-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #32
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Only the Mets left to do and the NL East teams will be done. I am adding the 1999 team in the "AA" and I've changed the 1973 squad to the 1969 team for "AAA". Also, I'm now going with the 2003 Cubs for the MLB squad in the Central and the 1984 edition for "AAA".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »