Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Try setting this in the FE prior to going into game (save your settings/profile at the same time to be sure) - I think we may have an issue where settings changed in game do not get correctly autosaved when you transition back to the FE.

-K
Thank you for the quick response. I initially tried that thinking the same thing but still no luck. What is odd is it shows classic 1/4 outside of the actual games options menu but not in the in game options menu. It always goes back to default. It even shows classic 1/4 in the Main menu options screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #42
G4 Madden CD

Kolbe's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTurtle
I haven't seen anyone post about this anywhere, so maybe it is my disc, but I have yet to get through a game in franchise mode without it freezing.

I am playing as the Orioles, who start the season in Tampa. In four attempts to play the first game, I haven't got past the 7th without the game freezing. There's no one event that seems to cause the freeze, it just happens randomly.

Should I exchange my game or am I doing something wrong?
That sounds like bad media - We've not seen any other reports of random freezing.

-K
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #43
G4 Madden CD

Kolbe's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaldwin311
Thank you for the quick response. I initially tried that thinking the same thing but still no luck. What is odd is it shows classic 1/4 outside of the actual games options menu but not in the in game options menu. It always goes back to default. It even shows classic 1/4 in the Main menu options screen.
Thanks for clarifying, I'll look into it tomorrow - getting ready to go home.

-K
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K
I'm having this issue, too. Seems like every player that has experience this has had Giants involved. I got Zito, Molina, and some reliever traded to my Cubs team. I also got Hairston Jr from the Padres. Trades are set to manual.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Few quick questions--- Thanks SCEA for getting on this so quick that is A+ customer service
1) When I sim spring training (Nats franchise) the CPU auto. DFA's Tyler Clippard. Is there any way to keep this from happening?
2) I've noticed some inaccuracies in the CPU's lineups (Rollins batting 6th) the CPU also started Taveras in CF over Morgan when i simmed the first month
3) If I want to increase the difficulty from veteran to all-star where exactly do I do this (profile global both??)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Franchise Issues UPDATE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacory12
My gosh, talk about customer support!! That's awesome!
Bingo. This Sony baseball team knows how to get after it. The response time by the Sony team is so refreshing.

You guys care about your product and how the sim community receives it...that's cool as hell.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Issues UPDATE:

Quote:
The only possible "downside" if you want to look at it that way, is the attendance reported in game will not be the same as the attendance that Franchise mode thinks you should have - we need to do this for balance reasons.
Unless I'm mistaken, this seems pretty realistic. I think most games would have a higher paid attendance then actual attendance, due to people buying tickets and not attending or season ticket holders skipping games. The club would still earn the revenue whether the person showed or not.

So I guess I don't really see a downside.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying, I'll look into it tomorrow - getting ready to go home.

-K
Much appreciated! Oh and whoever implemented the batting practice before the game in RTTS gets a major salute! Such a simple Idea yet it really adds to the game when you need that extra practice on timing before a game.

My favorite addition to the game so far..believe it or not!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »