Home

2012 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #329
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2012 Franchise Progress Thread

2012 Chicago Cubs: Reverse the Curse

New Day, Same Result

The Nationals beat the Cubs 5-1 again. Geo Gonzalez was too much for the northsiders as he went 8 innings striking out 9. The Cubs inept offense and shoddy bullpen did them in again. The lone Cubs run came on a Darwin Barney rbi triple. Washington was quick to strike back with a Wilson Ramos 2 run hr(2) the next inning and tacked on 3 more runs along the way to their 2nd win of the season.

Cubs 0-2
Old 04-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #330
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6

It was a great home opener for the Mariners, as they managed to continue their winning ways against Oakland. Adam Lind, who was acquired for his monster power, has yet to hit a bomb, but he managed to go 4-5 with three RBIs to lead Seattle to an 8-1 victory. Jason Vargas went eight innings, and allowed just one run, which came on a solo shot by Jonny Gomes.
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #331
Banned

beamon05's Arena

OVR: 1

I suck at hitting. I took the Angels, because I know I strikeout more than Mark Reynolds, and figured they would help me. I'm 1-1 through two games against the Royals, winning the first 2-0, and losing the second 4-1. I had 3 base hits in each game. Struck out 10 times the first game, and 12 times the 2nd. I need to pick it up before I travel to the Yankees next week. At least I can say it's a lot of fun pitching with the guys in the rotation, they're nasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #332
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6

Mariners continue their winning ways, taking the first two at home to Cleveland. Game one saw the Indians jump out to a 3-0 lead after a Carlos Santana homerun off a King Felix, but the M's responded with the long ball to win 5-3. Game two was a simulation win from Matt Garza. Seattle is just one game up on the Angels and the Rangers at this point in the season.

Game three at Safeco Field: Justin Masterson verse Jason Vargas
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #333
Banned

beamon05's Arena

OVR: 1

I managed to take the series from the Royals by winning the finale 2-1. C.J. Wilson was outstanding, striking out 11 in 7 innings. I only got 5 hits, but I feel better about myself because I only struck out 6 times. I just need to make sure I swing at good pitches. I'm swinging at pitches on the corners early in the count, and hitting lazy popups and grounders. I'll get better with practice.

Now we're going on a 6-game road trip to Minnesota and New York.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #334
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

6-6 right now with my Rays. Just getting Upton back from the DL. He'll make his season debut on the road against Toronto. Farnsworth is still on the DL with elbow tendinitis and Fuld is out another 2 months or so.

To make room for Upton coming back to the club, we are sending Elliot Johnson back down to Durham.

With Upton back, Jennings will shift from CF to LF and Matt Joyce will shift from LF back to RF.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #335
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lost the second series of the year against the A's, 2-1. Won the opener because of an outstanding performance by Aaron Crow as he took a perfect game into the 7th, but it was broken up with 2 outs by Seth Smith. The Royals then lost the next two games and, after a day off, will begin their first homestand of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #336
Rookie

shawno306's Arena

OVR: 0

Currently 10-12 with the Red Sox. I feel like the Jose Iglesias expirement may be ending soon as e is hitting .078 with 0hr and 1rbi after 22games. His glove hasnt been helping as much as advertised. Thinking of packaging him and Xander Bogaerts and getting back young, quality SS back, possibly Asdrubal, or Andrus, but the trade deadline is far away still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »