Home

Harsh review from Games Radar

This is a discussion on Harsh review from Games Radar within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Harsh review from Games Radar

If online is like he says it is, a lag fest like previous games, then I can't see myself getting into this game,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #42
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Not starting anything but found this silly, haha. No wonder the review actually lacks depth.

I guess that's what a casual gamer feel then, maybe that's what it is... But I don't think a 7 is a fair score, and I certainly don't appreciate that she wrote the review as if she's been playing the past iterations of the game.
Attached Images
File Type: png the_katbot.png (14.0 KB, 153 views)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #43
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Not starting anything but found this silly, haha. No wonder the review actually lacks depth.

I guess that's what a casual gamer feel then, maybe that's what it is... But I don't think a 7 is a fair score, and I certainly don't appreciate that she wrote the review as if she's been playing the past iterations of the game.
She shouldn't be learning to hit if she played last year.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #44
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm kind of curious .... are these the same reviewers who give COD-like games 9.5's every time a new installment comes out even though very little changes?

That being said, why is a game like The Show is subject to different standards of "renewal"?

Recycling a kick-butt FPS is more sexy than "recycling" a baseball game. It's a theory, but I think there is a lot of truth to it.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #45
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
1 inning would be enough to see the difference....
The difference in what?

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #46
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I don't want to be a jerk. But I will be the one that "went there"...

"She"...

Most girls do not grasp how a baseball game should play or feel, most don't grasp baseball in general. Gamer or not, one word: "Pink Hats"

Now yes there are those that will educate men about the fine intricacies of the beloved sport, but those are at a much lower (see: lightning strikes twice) clip than a man would.

Disclaimer: I just said what most wanted to say, and my girlfriend agreed with me after she herself read the ESPB review to me!

All comical and in jest of course, with still be it truths.
Hey man, I'm glad you said it. Girls who actually like baseball and know the intricacies are few. Ones who like baseball video games are fewer. Anyone want to take a guess what percentage of The Show gamers who are regular players are females?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #47
Roll Tribe

Senator Stone's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Hey man, I'm glad you said it. Girls who actually like baseball and know the intricacies are few. Ones who like baseball video games are fewer. Anyone want to take a guess what percentage of The Show gamers who are regular players are females?
Let's just say they're not occupying MLB The Show....they are the 1%.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Well i got both the PS3 n the Vita versions pre ordered n paid for already jus waiting on Midnight to pick it up at Gamestop there are now 2 pretty low reviews for this gm all i can say is its time for the show to change its broadcasters give us weather that changes the way the game is played give us 3 d grass n make the playoffs seem jus that playoffs more overlays better crowds cause i can tell ya EA"s MVP baseball will give the Show a run for there money in the coming years competiton will be good for both companies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
even if they did what you mentioned, do you think it would change the weak reviews from gamespot and that other place ? I doubt it but maybe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »