Home

2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #777
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
before i answer, i need to know what's Soriano's contract.....in baseball terms, the Cubs got the raw end of the deal but if they're out of playoff contention and Soriano has a asinine contract like IRL, they'd be more then willing to shed salary...but with that said u gave up a bag of balls to get him....if he's doing well for the Cubs, the least u could do is give up a B prospect or a couple of C's
Give up a bullpen arm or a different player instead of Theriot. No real use for him, he won't unseat Barney or Castro and he would be buried on the bench.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #778
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjgiants26
Is this is a fair trade? im the Giants

Cubs get:
SS Theriot
C Whiteside
2B "D" Potential

Giants get:
LF Soriano

If it is unfair who got the bad end of the deal? and is this realistic? Im trying to be realistic for this Franchise
Not realistic and the Cubs get fleeced.

They don't need Theriot - they have a stud at SS in Castro
They don't need Whiteside - they have Soto
The 2 D potential prospects have zero value

They give up Soriano who is by far the best player in the deal
Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #779
Rookie

jkjgiants26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
before i answer, i need to know what's Soriano's contract.....in baseball terms, the Cubs got the raw end of the deal but if they're out of playoff contention and Soriano has a asinine contract like IRL, they'd be more then willing to shed salary...but with that said u gave up a bag of balls to get him....if he's doing well for the Cubs, the least u could do is give up a B prospect or a couple of C's
Im still in my first season so i think he has 3 or 4 years left. Sorry im not by my PS3 right now so i cant check but hes doing really well for them and the Cubs are doing OK so its probably not realistic
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #780
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Not realistic and the Cubs get fleeced.

They don't need Theriot - they have a stud at SS in Castro
They don't need Whiteside - they have Soto
The 2 D potential prospects have zero value

They give up Soriano who is by far the best player in the deal
Depends what Soriano's contract is like. I know in real life, Soriano would be untradeable (especially to an NL team) without the Cubs picking up a significant amount of his salary.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #781
Rookie

cena101's Arena

OVR: 1

What do you guys think, is this a fair trade for B.J. Upton if I am the Nationals. I am offering Tyler Moore who is a 1B with B potential, Jeff Kobernus who is a 2B with B potential, and John Lannan for him. I think it's a fair trade for both parties though it might favor them a little bit, but I am not sure. So any advice would be great thanks.

Last edited by cena101; 04-14-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #782
Rookie

ffyfe7's Arena

OVR: 10

I am the Jays and I am looking to get an offensive catcher to replace J.P Arencibia at the MLB level. Age is not really a factor since D'Arnaud is doing well in AAA and the Jays have a deep farm system in regards to catchers (OSFM ST roster).

I am looking for suggestions for who I could trade for at the current stage of my franchise (April 20th). I was looking at Victor Martinez but in the game he is the Tigers starting DH and they want too much for him, I was also looking at Kurt Suzuki but I am not sure what would be a fair trade for him.

Last edited by ffyfe7; 04-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #783
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena101
What do you guys think, is this a fair trade for B.J. Upton if I am the Nationals. I am offering Tyler Moore who is a 1B with B potential, Jeff Kobernus who is a 2B with B potential, and John Lannan for him. I think it's a fair trade for both parties though it might favor them a little bit, but I am not sure. So any advice would be great thanks.
neither offer is fair
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #784
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffyfe7
I am the Jays and I am looking to get an offensive catcher to replace J.P Arencibia at the MLB level. Age is not really a factor since D'Arnaud is doing well in AAA and the Jays have a deep farm system in regards to catchers (OSFM ST roster).

I am looking for suggestions for who I could trade for at the current stage of my franchise (April 20th). I was looking at Victor Martinez but in the game he is the Tigers starting DH and they want too much for him, I was also looking at Kurt Suzuki but I am not sure what would be a fair trade for him.
Suzuki's a decent choice..a B and C prospect is fair

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »