Home

MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

This is a discussion on MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #17
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
One option could be to pick 1 starter. When he pitches...fast forward the batting. In the other games you can fast forward the pitching.

The games would be a lot quicker. If you throw in a sim game every other time then you are playing 82 (quicker) games. You'll have a much bigger impact over batting stats then simming 1-5 games. Plus you'll have complete control over 1 starting pitchers stats for the year.

Still a long season...
Liking this idea. Perhaps mix an extra bit of simming in, but it sounds like a good balance
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

This thread is great, guys. Keep the suggestions coming in. I, too, am a big time RTTS player who is really keen on playing a long term franchise. Definitely can't play a full season if I want to go for multiple years to rebuild my M's.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #19
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
Liking this idea. Perhaps mix an extra bit of simming in, but it sounds like a good balance
I'm glad someone else thinks it is interesting. I used fast forward for the first time last year using a starting pitcher. Being able to play faster games was very helpful. Plus having control over at least 1 player's stats was a good feeling since simming 1 out of 5 games gives you much less impact over final statistics.

I think adding the hitting fast forward for games i'm not using my pitcher might work for me...worth trying at least. Of course i will need to wait until Knight's rosters are out. That will give me time to get used to the controls, play a little DD plus i can full around with some fake franchises to get a feel for how scouting/training/offseason stuff works this year.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

The other bonus with simming a half inning is that it gives games a RTTS feel anyway. Some people have mentioned so far in posts, and I'm the same, we seem to favour RTTS over franchise for one reason or another. Probably time related.

If you just control your ace 1 in 5, and sim the batting in those games, it will feel like a RTTS season anyway. Add in some games where you just control the batters (for more RTTS type gameplay), plus sim of other games, and I think that is a really enjoyable sounding mix that should help the season fly by a lot better.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
Rookie

I bat only and fast forward pitching. Cuts the season in half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

I used to have a strong desire to play all 162 games in a season, but I could never get through a full season, much less multiple. Since then, I've become a more sim oriented player. I try to play 26-35 games of the regular season and all playoff games. I really enjoy this because it allows me to get through multiple seasons. If I have built my team well and it's a perennial postseason squad, I'll play less games during the regular season so that I can get through more seasons.

I also keep a log of the games I play to track my stats.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
Hey guys,

Just looking for advice off people that play a lot of MLB: The Show.

I have been playing MLB: The Show for about 3 or 4 years, first on my psp in 08, and then on the PS3. I love it, get it imported into the UK, they're such great sporting video games.

I love how in depth the franchise mode is, but usually end up playing RTTS the most due to how short each game can be just as your player. The problem I have is regardless of how the great the game is, visually, game play, how much I enjoy it, I always seem to drift away from MLB before too long. Playing a full game takes a fair while, and a season at 162 is just so long as well. Every year around release date I can't wait for MLB, even though I've not played last year's in 6 months. It's bizarre!

These new Franchise additions really attracted me again (as the new changes do every year!). I wondered if anyone had advice on how I can stay addicted to MLB? Combinations of how many games to play in a season compared to sim? 1 in 4? 1 in 5 (just use an ace?). Do some people only play late innings of games and sim certain sections to speed things up? I don't have masses of time, I work, have a wife, that kind of nonsense, but I'd love to find a combination of playing, simming, and enjoyment that enables me to get through a fair few seasons and stay engaged with MLB.

Any ideas from people who have stuff that works for them, love to hear it!
If you do a quick search, you will find some great threads on your subject.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
I used to have a strong desire to play all 162 games in a season, but I could never get through a full season, much less multiple. Since then, I've become a more sim oriented player. I try to play 26-35 games of the regular season and all playoff games. I really enjoy this because it allows me to get through multiple seasons. If I have built my team well and it's a perennial postseason squad, I'll play less games during the regular season so that I can get through more seasons.

I also keep a log of the games I play to track my stats.
Could you explain the log that you do? I always thought it would be cool to record games stats on like a notepad so could you specify? This question may sound weird but its interesting to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »