Home

ELLY DE LA CRUZ

This is a discussion on ELLY DE LA CRUZ within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2023, 09:42 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ELLY DE LA CRUZ

Any one tweaked his stance yet or found a better one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2023, 09:42 AM   #42
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

First big-time throw in the majors from Elly yesterday, new max of 95.6

Old 06-13-2023, 02:01 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
First big-time throw in the majors from Elly yesterday, new max of 95.6
He has a new max of 96.6 now.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:29 AM   #44
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock
He has a new max of 96.6 now.
Yeah, I have seen every MLB game he's played and he hadn't really had to throw his hardest yet. So no way you can say we know his Arm Strength yet.

Foot speed he's shown many times, I think 93 is pretty solid.

The hardest to get right is power, when he makes solid contact the ball Flys off the bat, but hasn't shown consistency yet.

Still a long way to go on writing the book on this kid, but a 5 tool switch hitting SS is not something that comes around very often.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:29 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflman2033
Yeah, I have seen every MLB game he's played and he hadn't really had to throw his hardest yet. So no way you can say we know his Arm Strength yet.

The hardest to get right is power, when he makes solid contact the ball Flys off the bat, but hasn't shown consistency yet.

Still a long way to go on writing the book on this kid, but a 5 tool switch hitting SS is not something that comes around very often.
Update, hes thrown 97.5. Which i think is the “5th highest” for an IF this season. 3 of the other potential 4 that are higher than him (barrero, brian anderson, ezequiel duran) play the OF regularly so id doubt those max throws came from an IF position. its safe to say he hits the ball among the hardest, is among the fastest running players and among the hardest throwing if’s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2023, 02:48 PM   #46
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

The more EDC plays, the more he's looking like a more athletic O'Neill Cruz; however, his hitting is a notch below O'Neill. EDC's whiff rate is troublesome and the near 40% strikeout rate needs improvement.

Overall, I think the roster should have them very closely aligned with Elly having more upside (potential) and athleticism. If EDC improves his approach at the plate, the ratings should go up.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:59 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflman2033

Given his size and athleticism, I suspect a move to the OF is in his future.

Love watching this kid play. He's raw and at times looks overmatched at the plate, but he's getting AB's and with experience the sky's the limit with him. Like I said earlier I love all the young talent coming in to the league.
Old 07-17-2023, 12:36 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Before the 2023 season, only the Pacific Coast League (AAA) and Florida State League (A) games had expanded statcast data. In 2023, all the minor league stadiums were updated to add expanded statcast data; however, not all the minor league stadiums have 12 Hawkeye cameras installed (like MLB stadiums). Less cameras means less fidelity, which leads to larger deviations. Moreso, the majority of minor league parks aren't large enough to place all the cameras in ideal positions for the best readings.

Also, as far as I'm aware, minor league statcast data is not publically available except on a game-by-game basis.

Sources: https://www.mlb.com/news/minor-league-statcast-data and https://technology.mlblogs.com/intro...d-a5f5c20321b8
Elly just had the fastest IF throw in the statcast era.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »