Home

Turn Back the Clock: 1975

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock: 1975 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #49
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Turn Back the Clock: 1975

N.L. Work in Progress in the Vault.

T.B.t.C.1975 N.L. WIP is the name....Knight165 author

This contains the completed N.L. teams and the 6 A.L. teams in the Postseason set.....

I made some minor fielding adjustments.....so I'd like your thoughts on the fielding as a whole......

HR totals will be high right now(due to the generic teams).....so league leaders(players...not totals) is more important to me for feedback(all areas)

Also....don't sweat it on SB totals right now....It's the area I want to tune the most.....

Have fun and PLEASE let me know anything you guys see that you would want looked at. I'm TOTALLY open to suggestions.(I know guys can get a bit guarded about sets they create.....and I get that as well......but you guys probably PLAY(as in not manage) a lot more and this feedback is important for me.(thanks!)

Of course any corrections(looks at doncropper and capa ....and a sneak at Picci too )

I would like thoughts on...
-Cub cleat color(I don't like the game blue...maybe navy?)
-Washington catcher gear color?
-Yankee cleats(navy as well?)

Anything!

Enjoy!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #50
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

OVR: 0

Mike, the overall ratings seem really low to me. Is that normal or am I reading too much into that number? (I should probably play a game with them before asking that...)
Old 07-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #51
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
Mike, the overall ratings seem really low to me. Is that normal or am I reading too much into that number? (I should probably play a game with them before asking that...)
I don't look at OVR at all to be honest.
I plug in my numbers and let it fall into line.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 21

You probably have not looked at pitching motions and all that extra stuff...but Buzz Capra on Braves threw overhand...in game he is submariner...

C
Old 07-20-2015, 07:27 PM   #53
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
The game plays so much better with the lower overalls. I hate rosters where everybody is a 99. By the way what the H*ll you have Joe Morgan as a 99 power, not on my watch (but agree with 99 for speed and discipline). He got lucky in '76.

Pete Rose and Tony Perez are rated out to the upper 70s, but their ratings look good, some attribute seems to lower out the overalls. Doesn't make sense. Same thing with my Bucs. The're overalls are low, I think the attributes are too heavily weighted against the overall.

No 99s; that is reserved for God, Clemente, Aaron, and Mays. They did not play in 75 (Clemente was dead) but they will be making guest appearances in my season.

Last edited by raneman85; 07-20-2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #54
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
The game plays so much better with the lower overalls. I hate rosters where everybody is a 99. By the way what the H*ll you have Joe Morgan as a 99 power, not on my watch (but agree with 99 for speed and discipline). He got lucky in '76.

Pete Rose and Tony Perez are rated out to the upper 70s, but their ratings look good, some attribute seems to lower out the overalls. Doesn't make sense. Same thing with my Bucs. The're overalls are low, I think the attributes are too heavily weighted against the overall.

No 99s; that is reserved for God, Clemente, Aaron, and Mays. They did not play in 75 (Clemente was dead) but they will be making guest appearances in my season.
That is his contact vs. RHP...not his power.
Morgan definitely didn't have a 99 power season.

capa....I definitely pay attention to stances/motions. Probably just an oversight.....or...(which I think it is)....I read in Myers Guide to Pitchers that he threw sidearm(they probably meant he dropped it down on a certain pitch)...I'll check on that though and change it...thanks.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 0

Played several short inning games and All Looks PERFECTO to me at this point !

Your ratings levels are playing out "Superb" between the lines as Normal for Your work.

THANKS !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #56
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Thanks don....

I finished up Houston last night....that leaves six teams(I miscounted last time.....there were 7 A.L. teams left with Houston)....Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, California(L.A.) and Texas.

Cleveland up next I guess!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »