Home

P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders

This is a discussion on P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
1. The developers have stated that postseason pitcher fatigue is literally broken in that pitcher stamina isn't regenerating fast enough, causing people to have to use 6 man rotations as the norm in the postseason.

2. In my own experiences, pitcher fatigue (starter and reliever) is not regenerating fast enough. If my closer pitches one inning for a save, he should be ready next game and every one after that. Same for setup men. Stamina is just off this year.
Right, I see. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing from these sliders. I'm particularly pleased with the amount of solid contact for both human and CPU batters. With the others I've tried, I felt like way too many pitches were squared up (home runs, solid hits, line-drive outs and fouls, etc.), even on good pitches; I didn't have to try too hard to get XBHs or HRs. Nice work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
Right, I see. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing from these sliders. I'm particularly pleased with the amount of solid contact for both human and CPU batters. With the others I've tried, I felt like way too many pitches were squared up (home runs, solid hits, line-drive outs and fouls, etc.), even on good pitches; I didn't have to try too hard to get XBHs or HRs. Nice work.
Thanks. I was noticing the exact same thing, especially late in games and when the CPU decided it was time to make a run. This should at least alleviate some of that while producing realistic stats.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #27
Banned

I actually made one final change. I changed Human and CPU pitcher control to 2 as at 4 there simply wasn't enough offense.

I've also uploaded these sliders to the vault under P.A.D.s Sliders HOF using creator name Padgoi.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looking forward to finally starting my Pirates Franchise. Thanks for the sliders. I will update on how they have been working for me. Played an exhibition game earlier and through 4 innings, I was down 1-0. Both teams with only one hit. I actually really liked how fast we were playing. Then had to shut it off.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:59 PM   #29
Banned

These sliders are not easy. Offense is very hard to come by. Small ball will need to be played. Don't expect high run scoring games.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:46 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hello P.A.D.,

great to see people playing in HOF, i have a similar slider set.

Why solid hits at 3? I have it at 6, because with contact at 4 (like you), offense for human/cpu is very hard unless i drop a lot pitcher control/consistency.

But then pitchers became very erratic, especially the top ones. I have these sliders at 4/4 and i'm getting decent results

What's your opinion of the foul frequency slider? A MLB game should average 30 to 40 foul balls, and i'm trying to find the sweet spot for this slider. I have it at 1 right now because it seems that at default, there are too many foul balls
Old 05-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #31
Banned

Honestly, I'm officially done with hall of fame difficulty. I simply cannot take the computer cheating anymore. The developers can say all they want, but here's my latest game.

Up 6-0 in the fifth inning. Sabathia cruising.

Bottom 5. Single, single, Jack consecutively 6-3.

Bottom 6. Routine grounder error #3 of the game for my team. Then double. 6-4. Then triple. 6-5. Then sac fly 6-6. Then jack. 7-6 orioles.

And before you say anything, I did mound visits. I changed pitchers 3 times. I switched up pitches by checking previous at bats to make sure I didn't repeat pitches. Didn't matter.

I'm done. This simply isn't real baseball anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
These sliders are not easy. Offense is very hard to come by. Small ball will need to be played. Don't expect high run scoring games.
From the games I have played so far, offense was not that hard to come by; though a small sample size (about 10-15 games), I've seen what I feel is appropriate balance. I recommend lowering Human/CPU reliever stamina to 2/3, as at 7 I see relievers having too much stamina after throwing a high number of pitches; the starters are fine. I also second what nsantos said about control/consistency. I can't say much about your issue with the CPU coming back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »