Home

Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

This is a discussion on Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2018, 04:01 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSoxSox
I just put these in, but it has pitch location or whatever it is off, so I can't aim where I want the ball to go. This makes it a complete crapshoot on where my pitch will go based on how good I hit the meter. Is this the intention?
Crapshoot - no. The Human Pitcher Consistency slider is at 3 because with it any higher, we the user will never unintentionally walk any hitters. I'm trying to find a realistic configuration where we can aim our pitches, however we will still walk the cpu from time to time unintentionally. Anything higher than 3 and we have too much control and therefore never walk anyone.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:04 AM   #34
Banned

I have updated the OP with version 4.1 of my Legend sliders as well as uploading them to the vault. I made one small, but absolutely necessary adjustment to CPU Pitcher Control. CPU Pitcher Control affects the accuracy, or effectiveness, of the CPU pitches. I lowered this to 3 because any higher and the CPU is able to pinpoint WAY too many pitches right on the corners, making offense very hard to come by. At 3, the CPU won't nip corners on every single pitch, so you WILL get a few more pitches to hit.

I got a chance to play a few more games with these sliders and I'm confident they're better now since the latest patch 1.05. Please let me know what you think after making the latest changes.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #35
Banned

I've updated the OP and uploaded to the vault volume 5 of my Legend Sliders. I made a few adjustments to human pitcher control and consistency as well as cpu pitcher consistency to regulate user and cpu strikeouts and walks. I'm happy where these are now and am giving the okay for use in franchise with today's OSFM release.

Here are a few screenshots from a game I played today using this latest set. I'm the Yankees.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2018, 06:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OSFM, Where so I find this?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:28 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
OSFM, Where so I find this?
Check the roster forum and the vault.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #38
Rookie

Just plugged in slider for a play now game! I like them a lot, I also use zone and meter and on hall of fame it was too easy. I also use Auto fielding, but make all throws, just for the animations and ratings. I played as the Tigers vs. the Royals.

Tigers 1. 8. 0
Royals. 2. 9. 0

Tigers. 1 double, 1 triple, 0 walks and 8 k’s
Royals. 3 doubles, Homerun, 1 walk and 4 k’s, 2 GiDP also.

I should have had two runs in the 5th, but got caught stealing, next pitch, I hit a triple in the gap, would have resulted in my first run of the game. Royals 2 run homerun came in the 6th, I admit I got a little lazy on my pitching in this inning, and when I threw it, I knew exactly it was gone. I know better but that’s how it goes. Had a chance to tie in the 9th but stranded the runner at 3rd to end the game. Overall I like these on Legend difficulty. Game plays great and glad I found these!
Old 04-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #39
Banned

I've updated the OP and uploaded Volume 6 to the vault. I noticed in Volume 5 that the CPU offense had been nerfed so I wanted to address that. I also noticed that user home runs had been reduced.

Please keep in mind, with patch 1.06 dropping today, I will be doing more testing later today to see what else needs adjusting. I tried the other, more popular Legend sliders in this forum and while I did adjust some of my values to coincide with that set, I also that set yields incredibly poor CPU offense to the tune of me throwing 2 consecutive, 2-hit shutouts using them. I want the CPU offense to be intimidating to the point that we can't just lay pitches down the heart of the plate. Most real life pitchers can throw strikes whenever they want, they walk hitters sometimes because they try to nip corners in order to get hitters out. I want the user to feel that same hesitation about just throwing meatballs to the CPU.

I'll hopefully post another update tonight in regards to patch 1.06.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #40
Pro

Not seeing enough cpu offense. Just started my franchise with the Rockies and after 4 games I’ve only gave up 3 total runs. I even bumped cpu solid hits to 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »