Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18

Finished up the 4 game set against Baltimore and our pitching got back on track to salvage a 2-2 series split.

11 innings
BAL 2-7-0
NYY 4-9-0
BAL: HR-1, BB-4, K-5
NYY: 2B-2, HR-1, BB-5, K-8
A nice pitchers duel between Sabathia and Bundy early 1-1 when they both left. Kahnle gave up a solo shot to Mancini in the top of the 9th, but Stanton tied it on a Sac fly in the bottom. Bird won it with a 2 run walkoff shot in the 11th, tense game as both teams left runners at 3B in the 10th.

BAL 0-3-2
NYY 2-7-0
BAL: 2B-2, BB-3, K-9
NYY: 2B-1, HR-1. BB-1, K-7
Montgomery turned in the Yanks best pitching performance to date going 7.1 before tiring. Hicks hit a 6th inning solo shot for the games first run, Chapman got his 3rd save.

We head to Fenway next!
Old 04-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #50
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Finished up the 4 game set against Baltimore and our pitching got back on track to salvage a 2-2 series split.

11 innings
BAL 2-7-0
NYY 4-9-0
BAL: HR-1, BB-4, K-5
NYY: 2B-2, HR-1, BB-5, K-8
A nice pitchers duel between Sabathia and Bundy early 1-1 when they both left. Kahnle gave up a solo shot to Mancini in the top of the 9th, but Stanton tied it on a Sac fly in the bottom. Bird won it with a 2 run walkoff shot in the 11th, tense game as both teams left runners at 3B in the 10th.

BAL 0-3-2
NYY 2-7-0
BAL: 2B-2, BB-3, K-9
NYY: 2B-1, HR-1. BB-1, K-7
Montgomery turned in the Yanks best pitching performance to date going 7.1 before tiring. Hicks hit a 6th inning solo shot for the games first run, Chapman got his 3rd save.

We head to Fenway next!

Sounds like some good games there!!!

I got two more games in. Not near my ps4 to recall stats but the scores I can tell you lol

Mariners Vs Royals. 5-1

My offense came alive a little. Zunino Crushed a 2 man homer. 489 feet! Then after that, we just add a few more runs due to a wild pitch and error.

Ended that series 2-2

Started new series against the Angels. ( This game I used CPU contact at 6)

I lost this one 3-6.

1st inning we gave up a 3 man blast. 3rd inning Lind hits a two many homer to make it 2-3. But top the forth Trout Triples off an error, next batter popups and Trout scores. Next Batter doubles, the runner comes in 2-5 and then following batter singles and that batter moves to 3rd. The next batter, Pops out and running comes in to score. After that our offense was nothing, as usual, we did get one more run but that was it.

I did notice with using CPU contact at 6, it made the CPU offense better overall. You really have to be careful where you pitch, who you're pitching too, etc. I enjoyed it.

My only issue (Only 1 game so extremely small sample) I had only 2 strikeouts. It seemed I could get them to pop it up, groundout, but no matter what striking them out was so hard because they would hit everything. I like the challenge, just don't want it to be a recurring thing. Let's say this continues, is there a slider I can adjust besides CPU contact? 5 CPU contact isn't bad I would say, but it doesn't give that CPU offense that scare factor.

As always, good work BYU!
Old 04-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Sounds like some good games there!!!

I got two more games in. Not near my ps4 to recall stats but the scores I can tell you lol

Mariners Vs Royals. 5-1

My offense came alive a little. Zunino Crushed a 2 man homer. 489 feet! Then after that, we just add a few more runs due to a wild pitch and error.

Ended that series 2-2

Started new series against the Angels. ( This game I used CPU contact at 6)

I lost this one 3-6.

1st inning we gave up a 3 man blast. 3rd inning Lind hits a two many homer to make it 2-3. But top the forth Trout Triples off an error, next batter popups and Trout scores. Next Batter doubles, the runner comes in 2-5 and then following batter singles and that batter moves to 3rd. The next batter, Pops out and running comes in to score. After that our offense was nothing, as usual, we did get one more run but that was it.

I did notice with using CPU contact at 6, it made the CPU offense better overall. You really have to be careful where you pitch, who you're pitching too, etc. I enjoyed it.

My only issue (Only 1 game so extremely small sample) I had only 2 strikeouts. It seemed I could get them to pop it up, groundout, but no matter what striking them out was so hard because they would hit everything. I like the challenge, just don't want it to be a recurring thing. Let's say this continues, is there a slider I can adjust besides CPU contact? 5 CPU contact isn't bad I would say, but it doesn't give that CPU offense that scare factor.

As always, good work BYU!
Thank you, and for K's I would start with timing, but I have had a couple games with only 4 or 5 K's and it comes back, so you should be fine over the long haul.

Just opened up against Boston and the Yankee bats were on fire, led 6-1 after 5 innings, then Tanaka gave up a 3 run blast in the 6th and vaunted bullpen collapsed. I had 3 bombs and runners on all night, but left way too many stranded, probably should have scored 10 runs.

NYY 6-16-0
BOS 8-12-0
NYY: HR-3, BB-2, K-10
BOS: 2B-3, 3B-1, HR-1, BB-5, K-7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #52
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Thank you, and for K's I would start with timing, but I have had a couple games with only 4 or 5 K's and it comes back, so you should be fine over the long haul.

Just opened up against Boston and the Yankee bats were on fire, led 6-1 after 5 innings, then Tanaka gave up a 3 run blast in the 6th and vaunted bullpen collapsed. I had 3 bombs and runners on all night, but left way too many stranded, probably should have scored 10 runs.

NYY 6-16-0
BOS 8-12-0
NYY: HR-3, BB-2, K-10
BOS: 2B-3, 3B-1, HR-1, BB-5, K-7

Alright I’ll keep that in mind! Thanks man! But ouch, sounds like a tough game for you. Hopefully my next outing against the angels I can perform better.

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Old 04-13-2018, 02:56 AM   #53
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

I got swept by the Angels in the 3 game series. My bullpen blew a 4-0 lead by allowing 1 run in the 6th and another 6 in the 7th. Lost it 4-7.

Angels 7-12-0 K-3 W-4
Mariners 4-7-0 K-10 W-3

Following game, our offense took a nap and the Angels pitching was on point.

Angels 5-10-0 K-7 W-5
Mariners 1-4-1 K-10 W-10

So far wayyy better-pitching performance by me. I do have to say with 6 CPU contact, making sure to get guys to chase, corner strikes, etc really matter. I only gave up a homer to Trout in the top 9 where my Closer just flat out missed and left it hanging a little over the plate.

Great games so far! I am really loving it. Trade Deadline is coming up soon and I am going to try and make a push to get an RP in here to help us out. At this rate, losing 100 game this season is highly possible.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:11 AM   #54
Rookie

Bounced back to take the final two against Boston as Tanaka and Gray pitched gems to give the Yanks the series win.

NYY 6-8-1
BOS 1-6-1
NYY: 2B-3, 3B-1, BB-2, K-5
BOS: HR-1, BB-1, K-10

NYY 8-13-0
BOS 1-8-0
NYY: 2B-2, 3B-1, HR-3, BB-2, K-8
BOS: 2B-3, BB-4, K-7
Sanchez had two of the Yanks dingers

Then to Detroit and both teams pitchers had issues fining the strike zone. Fitting we lost on a walkoff walk after fighting back from a 5-1 deficit.
NYY 5-8-0
DET 6-13-1
NYY: 2B-1, 3B-1, BB-8, K-8
DET: 3B-2, HR-1, BB-9, K-7
Fun trivia from this game, Sabathia only walked 1 in 5 2/3 innings, the pen gave up the other 8 in 3 1/3. I had no triples prior to the second game of the Boston series, then collected one three games in a row. (Judge, Hicks and Stanton)
Old 04-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #55
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Bounced back to take the final two against Boston as Tanaka and Gray pitched gems to give the Yanks the series win.

NYY 6-8-1
BOS 1-6-1
NYY: 2B-3, 3B-1, BB-2, K-5
BOS: HR-1, BB-1, K-10

NYY 8-13-0
BOS 1-8-0
NYY: 2B-2, 3B-1, HR-3, BB-2, K-8
BOS: 2B-3, BB-4, K-7
Sanchez had two of the Yanks dingers

Then to Detroit and both teams pitchers had issues fining the strike zone. Fitting we lost on a walkoff walk after fighting back from a 5-1 deficit.
NYY 5-8-0
DET 6-13-1
NYY: 2B-1, 3B-1, BB-8, K-8
DET: 3B-2, HR-1, BB-9, K-7
Fun trivia from this game, Sabathia only walked 1 in 5 2/3 innings, the pen gave up the other 8 in 3 1/3. I had no triples prior to the second game of the Boston series, then collected one three games in a row. (Judge, Hicks and Stanton)
In my Yankees franchise I am in the middle of the 3rd game of the Boston series. I lost the first game, won the 2nd and I’m winning the 3rd 8-0 in the 6th.

I think it will be cool to compare stats between our teams. I’m batting like .250 with 21 HR. My ERA is around 4.30 and I gave up 21 HR. But 10 is those HR came from one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #56
Banned

Not sure if this is all coincidence but the 3 games I've played with these I was trailing by 3 or more runs in the 7th or 8th Inning.

1 game I hit a 3 run homer to take the lead by 1 and won 6-5
The next I was down 4-1 and hit a grand slam to take the lead and won by 1
The next I was down 3-0 and hit a grand slam to take the lead and won by 1

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »