Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2020, 12:29 PM   #73
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
It’s usually not like this for me but this year, so far I’m getting completely wrecked when I’m pitching. Cpu is getting hit after hit. I’m going to play some more on HOF pitching but I’m thinking AS pitching and HOF hitting might be my route I take starting out this year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

They definitely punish you for missing your spots more this year I feel which I actually like. I threw a 2-0 change today that was up , was trying to go below the knees with it and missed. Ball ended up in the seats. I knew it as soon as I threw it . Ouch !

Old 03-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #74
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
They definitely punish you for missing your spots more this year I feel which I actually like. I threw a 2-0 change today that was up , was trying to go below the knees with it and missed. Ball ended up in the seats. I knew it as soon as I threw it . Ouch !

Yes that is the big step up from All-Star pitching to HOF. You simply must be willing to walk guys sometimes. And your 4 and 5 guys in the rotation can and will be exploited more on HOF.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #75
MVP

So I finished up playing the opening 4 game series against the Red Sox (I'm the Jays) and I'm using solid hits at 4 , fastball pitch at 8 and off speed at 10 . I really do feel like there's way too many homers . Reading around the web on people's first impressions it seems there's more than a few people that think there's just 2 much homers . Seems Like power is a bit overdone ?This is how much homers and runs I got in just 4 games -

1st game I got a total of 15 hits including 4 home runs , score ended 10-3 win

2nd game total of 9 hits with 2 homers , score 7-1 win

3rd game 13 hits including 4 homers , score ended 8-3 win

Game 4 total of 11 hits including 4 homers , score ended 7-5 win . Swept Boston and a total of 14 homers with 32 runs in just 4 games . And this is with solid hits at 4

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #76
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Opening Series Yankees Year 4 Recap Now Posted In The News Section on the OP!

Going Live on Twitch right now!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #77
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

My favorite part about the show so far is the people behind home plate that have a snack, they hang it up on the netting infront of them..and then it just vanishes.

My dude is just done with his soft pretzel, hangs it on the home plate netting and poof. Gone.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:33 PM   #78
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

a couple more games last night from opening day.

a 8-2 win for Boston. and a 7-1 win for tampa.

What I liked the most about the Tampa game was it was 7-1 after 4 innings and then nothing else happened for the remainder of the game. because before this game I seen most action happen in the 7th and 8th innings when it went into a home run frenzy peak.

One thing I have noticed is I seem to be able to get the CPU a high pitch count. so I am right now almost able to get the starting pitcher pitch count to 100 by about the 5th innings. so either they are not aggressive enough. or I am hitting a lot of fouls off. but I am getting 6 walks a game.

I am loving the variety of games so far. Only thing is I think there are a lot more homers so far as their should be but I have only played 7 games of opening day so far. so you are gonna get a variety of teams and stadiums.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #79
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

My early impressions of hitting in 20 is that it’s very home run friendly. I imagine a tweak will come from SDS. I am absolutely mashing the ball. I had eight total home runs (combined) last game and seven the game before that.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #80
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
My early impressions of hitting in 20 is that it’s very home run friendly. I imagine a tweak will come from SDS. I am absolutely mashing the ball. I had eight total home runs (combined) last game and seven the game before that.

Very homerun friendly. I was in practice mode using Boston against Houston in Minute Maid in a "simulated game," and I hit back-to-back-to-back dingers off McCullers on just 3 pitches. All-Star difficulty using zone hitting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »