Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #17
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

We're back, baby! Thank you for the hard work you've already put into these, Armor. Looking forward to another fantastic season.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:35 PM   #18
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

What a gift! Welcome back. Been a follower since the day I switched to Play Station just so I could play this great game in 2012. I struggled through 21 but made my way using your 20 set as a base and incorporating some of knucklecutters nice work on here. As if I wasn't already pumped for this year's game, I'm through the roof now with this set.

One question though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have pitch speeds on 10 at some point during '20? I just checked back on that thread and see they're at 7 and 6, but I could have sworn they were maxed out in the past. I believe knucklecutter had them on 10 too so that's how I've been playing since some time during the 20 cycle. Now I see them on 6 and 5. Do you think default pitch speeds have sped up in the last couple years or why the change? Is it more about balancing overall hitting difficulty than the actual pitch speeds themselves? I've always felt like pitch speeds on 10 "looks" real if you're comparing it to watching a game on TV.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #19
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

So I noticed they toned down the default fastball speed. I struggled a lot last year to keep up with the heat on default. Going to stick with default for now.

Lost 5-4 to the Royals using the Yankees in my only game yesterday. I got 5 hits on 4 runs. KC even stole home on me! Was very shocked to see that.

Lots of fun which is all that matters at the end of the day. The unbalanced Yankees roster is a different conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #20
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
What a gift! Welcome back. Been a follower since the day I switched to Play Station just so I could play this great game in 2012. I struggled through 21 but made my way using your 20 set as a base and incorporating some of knucklecutters nice work on here. As if I wasn't already pumped for this year's game, I'm through the roof now with this set.

One question though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have pitch speeds on 10 at some point during '20? I just checked back on that thread and see they're at 7 and 6, but I could have sworn they were maxed out in the past. I believe knucklecutter had them on 10 too so that's how I've been playing since some time during the 20 cycle. Now I see them on 6 and 5. Do you think default pitch speeds have sped up in the last couple years or why the change? Is it more about balancing overall hitting difficulty than the actual pitch speeds themselves? I've always felt like pitch speeds on 10 "looks" real if you're comparing it to watching a game on TV.

Pitch speed is purely player’s preference and a great way to ease your difficulty or increase your difficulty hitting without touching the game sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-02-2022, 11:06 AM   #21
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

An A&S "2022" slider discussion? Yes! I am so happy I could kiss your wife right now!

I would NEVER but I am super thrilled with this woman!

-GW-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #22
Rookie

hogfanhw81's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m not sure where else to ask this, but I purchased the MVP edition for PS4/5 and am playing on my PS5. Do I need to keep the PS4 version installed in order to play the game? I know I have to use the disc and I’m ok with that, but otherwise I want to keep my Home Screen clutter free.

Old 04-02-2022, 11:15 AM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Good morning my baseball brethren.......so Version 1 is now official.

The beta is now V1. Yep.....it plays that great. Of course we will continue to monitor each game we play and there could be potential updates if needed.

So let’s talk about the ever so slight movement we have done from default HOF. And keep in mind results may vary.....so use it as a base and tune to your skill level.

HUM/CPU Power at 4 - It’s simple.....I am an old school ball player and baseball lover and I like power to count and no be cheap. HR’s are in a beautiful spot with power at 4 for my taste. If you are feeling like you are offensively challenged after a very good sample size (25-30 games minimum) click it back to 5.

HUM/CPU Solid Hits at 4/Fielder Speed/Reaction at 4 - This is the real money slider to open up the hit variety in conjunction with the Fielder Speed and Reaction at 4. It is truly the secret sauce that opens up the game big time. I love it. And it is exactly like it was on MLB 20......this game has 20’s hitting engine in it’s soul again and it was clearly obvious to me in the first 3-4 hours of playing. trust these sliders at these values....I promise you the amount of variety you will see will blow you away.

Pitching Sliders all at default 5 except Starter and Reliever Stamina 8/8 and CPU Hook at 4 - Classic Pitching this year is damn near perfect at HOF default. I am blown away at the ability to be able to walk the CPU as well as strike them out at higher clips than my previous experience with The Show. So why are stamina sliders set to 8 for both starters and relievers with the hook at 4? It is a trick we used on MLB 20 and it works really really well to combat some questionable bullpen and starter logic that can and will occur from time to time even with this setting combination. But trust these settings......guys will still get tired when they are supposed to like IRL. For example I was pitching with Tallion in a test game....once he got to 80 pitches I could “feel” he as gassed as my control was getting really loose....7th inning a lead off walk....I knew it. I checked his stamina and low and behold he was on fumes (maybe an 1/8 of a green bar left. I pulled him. Always keep in mind the more effort you use on pitches with Classic Pitching....the more energy you will drain.

On the CPU side of the ledger....you will see better starter management and bullpens will not be constantly gassed in a long 162 game season.

Remember......I design these for players who truly embrace the grind of playing all 162.....if you are a play 1 sim 5 kinda player.....you will probably not experience all the nuances I o that help me arrive at these slider settings. I am sure you will get great games but again.....this set is about guys who like to play almost (or in my case every) every game.

I am in heavy observation mode right now on:

IF and OF errors
IF and OF throwing strength and outcomes
Base Runner Speed
Steal Success with legit base stealers vs average to below average speed
Injuries (which so far I am loving in game at 10 and simulation at 6) But we will continue to monitor this.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #24
Rookie

hogfanhw81's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfanhw81
I’m not sure where else to ask this, but I purchased the MVP edition for PS4/5 and am playing on my PS5. Do I need to keep the PS4 version installed in order to play the game? I know I have to use the disc and I’m ok with that, but otherwise I want to keep my Home Screen clutter free.

I’m going to move this over to Q&A. Feel free to delete here if desired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »