Home

Old 02-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #49
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
This has been the one thing that has bothered me for years is the temps in this game not being accurate or close to it. I always use the Mets for my chise and every year the night game temps are way off causing the players to auto wear long sleeves. Last year in July the night game temps were in the 60's. It's annoying spending the time to edit players with sleeves and gear just to have it auto overridden for long sleeves. I hope that it's finally fixed this year for the PS4.
This... As a Dbacks franchiser at one point, I would get so annoyed when it would be July and 78 degrees at game time. Try 118 degrees. And the roof should be closed from Mid May to end of the season...
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #50
Banned

The_Duke's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
This has been the one thing that has bothered me for years is the temps in this game not being accurate or close to it. I always use the Mets for my chise and every year the night game temps are way off causing the players to auto wear long sleeves. Last year in July the night game temps were in the 60's. It's annoying spending the time to edit players with sleeves and gear just to have it auto overridden for long sleeves. I hope that it's finally fixed this year for the PS4.
I agree 100%. The sleeves being automatically on is crazy. One of my pet peeves.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:56 AM   #51
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
This... As a Dbacks franchiser at one point, I would get so annoyed when it would be July and 78 degrees at game time. Try 118 degrees. And the roof should be closed from Mid May to end of the season...
No doubt. As someone who just recently moved to Arizona, 11 months now, I've seen 118. That shouldn't be that hard to implement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
No doubt. As someone who just recently moved to Arizona, 11 months now, I've seen 118. That shouldn't be that hard to implement.
Speaking of 118 degrees, it'd be awesome for them to implement sweat coming down the faces in real time like NBA does. Sweaty caps are one thing, but when your playing at Chase Field in July, you're gonna be sweating.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #53
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

In the earlier days games were using variable weather that would change during your game. With the new generation of programmers, I really believe they don't know how to make it work without messing the game up.

F1 2014 does a great job of how changing weather conditions makes a game more dynamic requiring the user to incorporate strategies to be successful.

Unfortunately, games including The Show are only worried about how to make the game shorter for those who just want to sim and play because of time. Seriously, when you are simming each round, are you really playing the game???? Didn't anyone learn from EA's downfall especially Madden when they decided to cater to the ones who don't want to think or cried about losing because they didn't want to take more than 10 minutes to play a game?
Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #54
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Options options options man, it's not like you can't play it the old fashion way or anything. If they can attract more baseball fans this way it will only benefit the game going further.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Options options options man, it's not like you can't play it the old fashion way or anything. If they can attract more baseball fans this way it will only benefit the game going further.
Right, OPTIONS. SCEA succeeds where Madden didn't because they allow you to play how you want. Madden failed, because they changed their game to cater for their lazy consumer but didn't offer options for any other way to play. Hence, therefore they got lazy, hence they suck now. Also hence, why SCEA with no direct competition is amazing because they continue to raise the bar....on themselves. If you think about it, people complain with Madden because they've gotten so away from what made them great, people want quality back. People complain with SCEA because their product is so great, that's what people come to expect and deserve; and they'll complain over the details because that's what SCEA strives for, is the details. Madden still can't even deliver proper gameplay nvm detailed minutia.

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 03-01-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #56
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Right, OPTIONS. SCEA succeeds where Madden didn't because they allow you to play how you want. Madden failed, because they changed their game to cater for their lazy consumer but didn't offer options for any other way to play. Hence, therefore they got lazy, hence they suck now. Also hence, why SCEA with no direct competition is amazing because they continue to raise the bar....on themselves. If you think about it, people complain with Madden because they've gotten so away from what made them great, people want quality back. People complain with SCEA because their product is so great, that's what people come to expect and deserve; and they'll complain over the details because that's what SCEA strives for, is the details. Madden still can't even deliver proper gameplay nvm detailed minutia.

Don't get me wrong, SCEA is the best in the business! My point was they are spending their resource time on catering to ones who really don't want realism. Make an arcade version for them and get back to bringing it every year. We don't have an option for variable weather, no rain outs, no double headers, no closing domes, how about giving us that option to enjoy and follow exactly what the real teams in MLB teams have to deal with every year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »