Home

New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

This is a discussion on New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
If I remember correctly, you had a pretty big presence on the MLB 2K forums. So, it will take some time to move away from that brand of baseball. Gesture pitching being the biggest, probably. Being a huge baseball fan, I think you are, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

The only way to really overcome these preconceived notions, is to play the game. It's definitely not all eye candy. The gameplay itself, is the the games strongest attribute IMO. That said, I don't think anyone here can help you make up your mind. So if your worried about wasting $60, then you can always rent it. Then you only waste $5 when you go out and buy it .

Also, one of your concerns, contracts has been remedied by allowing them to be edited.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

It certainly is. If your a baseball player (in real life) you can truly appreciate how this game captures the essence of the sport like no other. The Pitcher/Batter showdown is truly remarkable.

If you have never picked up a glove or bat....you will still be blown away at how well this game plays. It can be as deep or as easy as you want to make it.

If you played 2K baseball (which was pretty good in it's own right at certain things) prepared to be blown away.

This is the premier console baseball game. Bar none.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #34
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldaderyan
WOW im impressed with the quantity and quality of the answers, I dont understand why some ppl were agressive or tiple facepalmed me, anyway I changed my mind, im definitely getting The Show 15.

Thanks A lot, still sad about the statistics being overlooked I could spend hours scrolling team and personal stats.

But I know This will be a good decision, Again Thanks!!

If you didn't change your mind after all this great feedback, then I would have said there is really something wrong with you. I'm glad I don't have to say that though.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
There used to be batter walkups, and a bit more presentation between pitches, I expected them to build on that especially for next gen but since 2012 or so they've now gotten to the point it's completely eliminated in 14'. Disappointing for me, MLB 10 & 11 are the last games with that fully in but in 14' they really signaled that style of play was over for whatever reason.

In 14' there was a patch 1 or 2 months in, that ended up removing chalk degradation from the game. Since I choose to stick with 14' I'll also have to deal with that.

But now the most grievous of all changes for me has been made clear over the last couple of weeks in Analog Batting being completely removed from the game. Instead now analog users will just have to flick up on the right stick for all swings, the equivalent of bunting in the last 3 years.It's been another significant issue, that's severely disappointing soaking all of my fun out of the game. I switched to analog batting for the challenge, it made every at bat unique whereas before the game started to feel repetitive until I gave analog hitting a try.
Wait when did you hear about analog batting being removed? I haven't heard about that... The presentation issues personally don't care about, probably just trying to speed the game up, I can see how that might bother you though. There should be more options for presentation modes so that people like you can get the full platter and people like me can just get the appetizer. Quick counts kills the flow of the game, but the full presentation is too long. There should be grey options between the white and black.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #36

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerophone
Wait when did you hear about analog batting being removed? I haven't heard about that... The presentation issues personally don't care about, probably just trying to speed the game up, I can see how that might bother you though. There should be more options for presentation modes so that people like you can get the full platter and people like me can just get the appetizer. Quick counts kills the flow of the game, but the full presentation is too long. There should be grey options between the white and black.
What is your connection with SCEA? It's only fair to everyone to disclose it.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #37
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Hello guys, ive always been a 2k guy because I had 360, NOW im getting a ps4 mainly for The Show 15.
But im starting to doubt about getting the game, a have never played a single inning in the show, but im worried about the fact that the game seems almost unchanged since 08 or something, for me the game is just a eye candy nothing more, the game lacks immersion with the lack of stats or franchise depth, fake contracts, messed up budgets, wierd retirings, they just add superficial stuff, forgetting the most important part of the game, the stats, milestones, injuries, contracts, budgets...

Plz guys tell me if im wrong, maybe you can change my mind!
Let me give you my MLB: The Show testimony.

I've played just about every baseball video game that's ever existed. I remember playing it on an Apple computer back in the day when the screen was black and everything else was green. No real players, no real teams, nothing. I played Baseball Stars, Bases Loaded, Tony Larussa, you name it. I always enjoyed it and each year games seemed to get better and better. I remember Sports Talk Baseball, oh, how cool it was that they had announcers. And then came the love of my life, MVP Baseball 2005. The greatest sports game ever... for a little while. But after 2K bought out the exclusive third party rights my heart was broken. I turned to MLB 2K6 and let's just say that I was more disappointed with that game then I was after the 2003 NLCS.. well, perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. MLB 2K was awful in every conceivable way. I even bought MLB 2K 7 hoping that there would be some remarkable turnaround but after only a couple games I realized that my baseball video game playing days were over.

I had, however, heard of MLB: The Show. But it was only on Playstation and I was an Xbox owner with no desire to own a Playstation. But then it started happening. I got the itch to play a good baseball video game again so bad that I went out and bought a Playstation 3 just to try MLB: The Show. I had, in fact, never played it either. But I was willing to not only buy the game, but buy an entire system for the chance that I'd be able to enjoy a baseball game again.

Let me tell you, it was arguably the best (non-essential) decision I've ever made. It took a little while for me to realize just how good the game was because I was still stuck on MVP but after MLB 08, then 09 and all the way up until 14, I realized that this was the best baseball video game I've ever played (and that's ever existed) and to be honest, it really isn't even remotely close.

So the moral of the story is, if you're looking to play a baseball game I promise you that you cannot go wrong with MLB: The Show. That is of course as long as you're looking for a realistic, simulation-style game. And if you play the game and don't like it, there can be only one of two things that is true. First, you may have not given the game enough time, and secondly, you might not really know what a good baseball game looks and plays like.

If you think it's stale and the same game since 2008, well that's partly true but mostly false. And this is precisely what SCEA does better than most other sports game developers. They made the decision to stick with their engine year after year and tweak it. And that's a decision I appreciate. It's the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Show plays great and re-inventing itself for the sake of re-inventing itself would not be good for people who love the game and love baseball.

Just my two cents.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-25-2015, 11:06 PM   #38
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerophone
Well I linked for details each thing removed from the game, because we've had discussions about them at length already covering the topic from all angles.

Presentation-wise, the biggest issue is removal of it entirely. If it never existed to begin with, that wouldn't even be the same discussion. Meanwhile all other sports titles, even racing games has gone above and beyond with (kick ***) presentation. The pattern MLB The Show is developing by sacrificing, even core features of their game hustling to improve commercial value is really disappointing. Baseball isn't nearly as popular as their competition to begin with, you'd think they would rather cater to their own audience than alienate groups of players.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #39
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
forgetting the most important part of the game: the stats, milestones, injuries, contracts, budgets...
If those are what you think make a great baseball game, I'd recommend you buy 'Out of the Park Baseball'.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-...park-baseball/
Old 02-25-2015, 11:25 PM   #40
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Attachment 93018
Sorry, once it's starts you can't just stop in the middle.
It's starting...

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »