Home

Commentary Thread

This is a discussion on Commentary Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #73
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Commentary Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I just think it's weird that they stick to specific commentary. I know it will be easier to write lines for, but once they have the proper algorithm to make more dynamic commentary integrate with season/franchise/RttS, it would really be the golden ticket.

For example, right now they're asking us to provide them with the greatest stories for all 30 teams. If done right (not saying it's easy at all, just to throw that out there now), wouldn't next year's game be able to talk about these stories if the algorithm recognizes these players were great stories for the right reasons? Now if I play a Giants franchise, I'm not only going to hear about Matt Duffy in Week 2, but also in Week 20, and in the next year of my franchise, and if he gets traded to the Marlins in 2023, and so on until MLB 17 doesn't touch on him at all. Heck, what would be really hilarious is if I import my franchise from MLB 15 where Duffy hits like .150, then they go on having this commentary about his 2015 season yet it doesn't reflect my franchise at all.

Again, quibbles... but the best solution will hopefully future-proof the commentary if they ever choose to go this route. I can't imagine it being easy, much like franchise carry-over. It seems downright difficult as sin to pull off, otherwise more companies would have something like this by now. But it seems like most people who have issue with the commentary would be instantly righted if this was brought into the mix a little bit.
Our focus is dynamic commentary you won't be hearing last years story-lines 20 weeks into the season. They are designed for opening week only.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #74
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Our focus is dynamic commentary you won't be hearing last years story-lines 20 weeks into the season. They are designed for opening week only.
Well then, in that case that's really cool.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #75
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's time to let out your matt vasgerian,Eric Karros and Steve Lyons frustrations here. It's time for a commentary change. I've literally heard Matt say the same exact thing from mlb 07 the show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #76
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Every time Chase Headley makes a diving play Matty V yells Headley in a slow, high pitched voice and it cracks me up every time.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #77
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Beautiful news!

3 Cheers for Sony San Diego - this will massively improve commentary (and continue to do so from year to year)!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #78
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbgc
It's time to let out your matt vasgerian,Eric Karros and Steve Lyons frustrations here. It's time for a commentary change. I've literally heard Matt say the same exact thing from mlb 07 the show
No need to worry. I think 70+ posts and a response from Russell_SCEA means the messages were received. He's confirmed they're working on it, so all is copacetic.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #79
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
No need to worry. I think 70+ posts and a response from Russell_SCEA means the messages were received. He's confirmed they're working on it, so all is copacetic.
Ha, I'll believe it when I see it. They have a tendency to promise more than they deliver.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:04 AM   #80
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
Ha, I'll believe it when I see it. They have a tendency to promise more than they deliver.
I think this assumption is a bit PreMature, I have seen more responses from SCEA this year than for any other Version. They really are trying to go in the right direction, and the game (while not the complete perfect overhaul that many want) does seem to be correcting mistakes if they go along, the game is so much better than even 2 years ago. I will continue to look forward to every rendition of the Show until... well ya know, ever

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »