Home

Fielding Camera's

This is a discussion on Fielding Camera's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2015, 08:36 AM   #57
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fielding Camera's you would like to see in MLB 16

I don't mind the cameras. Now a new fielding system, that would be more beneficial than two new cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #58
Rookie

doughron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fielding Camera's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm not sure how to describe it, but what I'd like to see is a camera that allows you to tell when you're manual fielding if you must jump or dive with an infielder to make a play on the ball.

It's easy to tell with the OF when you have to do that, as you have more time than you do in the IF, but the sole reason I use auto fielding now instead of manual fielding is that I lose outs on quick infield shots that the CPU knows to jump or dive for but I can't see well/fast enough to make a similar determination.

Manual fielding was fun for the first time in a long time this year, with this exception.

IDK if a brief slow-mo sequence off the bat is appropriate, or if a different angle from the default one would make these plays a tad easier to make.
Wonder if this is where they got the ShowTime idea from??
Old 12-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

An angle to show what a nice full-field view might look like. Although I think it should be higher up (2nd deck and more downward angle). I think the problem would be that although you would see the ball in flight (instead of just the shadow), it might actually be difficult to see as it gets deeper into the outfield. Not sure what the solution might be, but I play auto-fielding, so I really just want to have a camera which is like a fan-cam: full field, no cut-scenes other than replays, shows ball flight and all the fielders and action at one time with no zoom-ins.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #60
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
An angle to show what a nice full-field view might look like. Although I think it should be higher up (2nd deck and more downward angle). I think the problem would be that although you would see the ball in flight (instead of just the shadow), it might actually be difficult to see as it gets deeper into the outfield. Not sure what the solution might be, but I play auto-fielding, so I really just want to have a camera which is like a fan-cam: full field, no cut-scenes other than replays, shows ball flight and all the fielders and action at one time with no zoom-ins.

This exact camera view for Batting ,Pitching and fielding would be great for those who do a lot of CPU VS CPU games!
Old 12-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #61
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I really hope a camera very similar to that Home Run Derby field view camera will finally be added as an option for Batting, Pitching and fielding.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-08-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #62
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

A bit off topic: But having the option to position the hitting camera where you can see the catcher, hitter and umpire from behind the plate would be cool.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #63
Rookie

Found a nice angle for those of us using auto-fielding or cpu/cpu games. This might be a bit too far away...the ball would be difficult to see. But the angle is nice and shows a lot of the entire field which I would love. A nice upper deck fan-cam. If the angle could be adjusted (so that the corner isn't obscured), I would love a static, no-zoom in camera like this (for fielding). Obviously hitting needs to be the normal cams.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #64
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
Found a nice angle for those of us using auto-fielding or cpu/cpu games. This might be a bit too far away...the ball would be difficult to see. But the angle is nice and shows a lot of the entire field which I would love. A nice upper deck fan-cam. If the angle could be adjusted (so that the corner isn't obscured), I would love a static, no-zoom in camera like this (for fielding). Obviously hitting needs to be the normal cams.

WoW that looks almost real!

We really need a new camera system that would allow us to place it anywhere or almost anywhere in the stadium but I doubt if that will ever happen

Last edited by tnixen; 12-12-2015 at 02:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »