Home

Fielding Camera's

This is a discussion on Fielding Camera's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Fielding Camera's

Please add the camera that is shown from press box...love to see that view especially for manage only mode or when watching cpu vs cpu.

C

PS: by the way, I think the Medium view cam for defense is even a more realistic camera view than Broadcast. The players seemed scaled a bit better on Medium view...field looks bigger and players scaled to right size.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fielding Camera's you would like to see in MLB 16

Fan view from any seat in the house.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #43
MVP

Re: Fielding Camera's you would like to see in MLB 16

Custom cam like MLB 2K. Where we could control sub settings for Medium, High, Dynamic (Height and Zoom.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM   #44
Rookie

For the most part, the cameras in this game are very good. I like to play on the broadcast view as I like my game to emulate television as close as possible. With that said I have some requests regarding the cameras for next years iteration.

*Stadiums with high walls - Any stadium with a high wall (Fenway, Camden, etc) needs to have the camera zoom out a little if a ball is hit at the wall or just over it. I play in Fenway quite often as I'm a huge Red Sox fan and anytime I hit a homerun over the monster, all I see is the opposing (AI) fielder give up at the wall. This kind of kills the anticipation and lets you know it's gone. I'd love for the camera to zoom out and keep the fielder and the ball in view for both a homerun and a ball off the wall... or even a ball to the warning track.

*Bat Flip Camera - Please get rid of this or make it an option to turn it on or off again. I don't know how many others hate to see this view on a homer but it takes a great looking game and makes it look cheesy, IMO. If I'm playing on broadcast, I don't want to see this homerun camera because you'd never see it on a real broadcast, in real time, at least.
Also, the bat flip camera on foul balls... please don't have that show on broadcast presentation either.

*Better logic for homerun camera - The homerun camera for balls that are crushed where the camera zooms out and you can see the outfielders giving up needs better logic. I've hit some no doubters that haven't triggered the camera.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #45
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrackPower
*Bat Flip Camera - Please get rid of this or make it an option to turn it on or off again. I don't know how many others hate to see this view on a homer but it takes a great looking game and makes it look cheesy, IMO. If I'm playing on broadcast, I don't want to see this homerun camera because you'd never see it on a real broadcast, in real time, at least.
Also, the bat flip camera on foul balls... please don't have that show on broadcast presentation either.

*Better logic for homerun camera - The homerun camera for balls that are crushed where the camera zooms out and you can see the outfielders giving up needs better logic. I've hit some no doubters that haven't triggered the camera.
The bat-flip camera... are you referring to the angle that's field level behind the batters box to the side? I actually like that angle, honestly. I know it's not realistic, but for some reason, to me, I always enjoy watching it when it triggers.

As for the better logic thing, that could have something to do with your sliders. No doubters are triggered by timing+how solid you made contact with the ball, I think. So let's say you raise the power slider, it can make balls go further without actually making solid contact with the ball, which will consequently not trigger the no doubt camera. For example, a wall-scraper without making solid contact at default power could travel further into the stands at max power without making solid contact. Of course, I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #46
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
need one high enough to see hrs clear the green monster.
like blimp view but not that far away. one thst just views the whole field after in play and doesnt need any scrolling or panning away.
Exactly what I hope to see in MLB 16 The Show!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #47
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo98
whaterver you decide to do with the camers, please leave the cameras that you already have in the game. They work fine

This more than anything else please jebus this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #48
Just started!

Would it be possible to keep the behind the plate view until the ball gets past the infield and then switch to the down the line camera? Or is this a programming nightmare?
I agree with most that a left and right panning broadcast camera would be ideal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »