Home

Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #73
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

The Physically Based Rendering looked real good in the Blue Jays dugout. Can't wait to see how everything looks when it's turned on the entire time.

DD cards are not my thing but I did like collecting the cards.

I'm glad that "show time" feature is just for RTTS and player lock.

Really interested in hearing more about the HumanIK.

Will use the classic stadiums for Spring Training Games.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #74
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Physically based rendering involves the way light bounces, reflects or otherwise interacts with objects in the game world. Each object is given different characteristics such as reflectivity, opacity, absorption, diffusion and refractivity. This is part of the reason why next-gen games like Star Wars Battlefront look so good. It's one of the key differences between last-gen and this gen, and its absence in MLB The Show is why some people think it looks last-gen still, in my opinion.

Where I think it would really shine is in tandem with the time of day settings. As the sun moves through the sky and sets, objects will look more realistic under the different lighting conditions.

I don't know how far they are going to take it, but in theory it means that the outfield walls would look more like the material they are made out of, and light will interact with them more realistically.

So it really depends on how far they push it. All Ramone said is that it wasn't turned on throughout the entire trailer.

Exactly we will go much deeper into PBR later in the cycle can't really do a deep dive in an 6 minute video. But it was only turned on in the dugout because "game development" and that trailer had to be finished a week before PSX. As I've said in the past our game visually will move along the same path as PS3 did where it took us about 4 years to reach visually maturity. I'm not saying it will be in year 4 where on PS4, nor am I saying it will happen in year 3 either. We simply don't have the time and resources to do everything in year 1 or year 2 for that matter. Every year is a new layer and this year it's PBR last year was Seasonal Sun/Shadows. Etc..... Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is The Show.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 12-16-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:48 PM   #75
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Exactly we will go much deeper into PBR later in the cycle can't really do a deep dive in an 6 minute video. But it was only turned on in the dugout because "game development" and that trailer had to be finished a week before PSX. As I've said in the past our game visually will move along the same path as PS3 did where it took us about 4 years to reach visually maturity. We simply don't have the time and resources to do everything in year 1 or year 2 for that matter. Every year is a new layer and this year it's PBR last year was Seasonal Sun/Shadows. Etc.....
So........New Models YEAR 4 CONFIRMED!!!!!!?

Thanks Ramone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 02:33 AM   #76
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Developer Discusses New Features - IGN Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Pitchers getting hit by balls less frequently is a welcome addition.
this!

But will they still snatch every other screaming grounder that comes their way? (have yet to watch video) lol
Old 12-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0
As mentioned before, lets hope for 60fps in all cut-scenes as well. It is the same for NBA2K16 and FIFA 16. I really wish the developers could make it 60fps for everything.

Still gotta compliment Ramone and SSD for doing such good things explaining trailers, being honest. Can't wait till the Twitch streams will come alive.

And Ramone: nice new looking The Show font on the cover of the box
Old 12-17-2015, 08:04 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB The Show 16 Developer Discusses New Features - IGN Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Anyone kind enough to summarize? Work computer has no sound
Here's your summary:

Quote:
Buy the game
Old 12-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #79
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Exactly we will go much deeper into PBR later in the cycle can't really do a deep dive in an 6 minute video. But it was only turned on in the dugout because "game development" and that trailer had to be finished a week before PSX. As I've said in the past our game visually will move along the same path as PS3 did where it took us about 4 years to reach visually maturity. I'm not saying it will be in year 4 where on PS4, nor am I saying it will happen in year 3 either. We simply don't have the time and resources to do everything in year 1 or year 2 for that matter. Every year is a new layer and this year it's PBR last year was Seasonal Sun/Shadows. Etc..... Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is The Show.
But you've had more than a day... it's been a year bro. Where's Rome at?
Old 12-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #80
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is The Show.
Some people here seem to not realize that and want it all now...indicative of this generation.

Last edited by dalger21; 12-17-2015 at 08:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »