Home

MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #817
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I know what you mean. In the heat of the moment, you have a brain fart and you start pressing buttons. If I have multiple runners on base, I usually resort back to hitting L1 (or is it just holding down L1) to advance runners.
Nobody's having brain farts. Yes, I am pressing buttons, buttons that send my guy to the next base but in some game play scenarios the commands are ignored and the runner auto slides even if command to advance when he's nearly a country mile away from the bag.
I don't want to have to boot up baserunning practice I just want the system to be smooth and consistent, it's just not quite all the way there yet.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #818
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Random
Nobody's having brain farts. Yes, I am pressing buttons, buttons that send my guy to the next base but in some game play scenarios the commands are ignored and the runner auto slides even if command to advance when he's nearly a country mile away from the bag.
I don't want to have to boot up baserunning practice I just want the system to be smooth and consistent, it's just not quite all the way there yet.

Wow, Jesus. Fine, let me clarify. My previous post was specifically about me having brain farts. When I said "you," I wasn't specifically referring to "you." I was referring to myself. That guy was using the L1 button. He's jamming the L1 button because the runners are hesitant to round the bag.

Guess we're talking about different things. My bad. But regardless ...
Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #819
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Wait. What?

Me?
Old 06-09-2016, 12:06 AM   #820
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Use the analog stick and corresponding base buttons ( X = home, circle = 1st, triangle = 2nd, and square = 3rd). Runner on 1st and you want to send him to third, highlight the runner on first using the left analog stick and press square (3rd base) and the runner will NOT hesitate at 2nd. The runner will round second smoothly and get to third in one swoop.
[/spoiler]
Thanks for the lengthy post, but once again this is where many people are having issues as the runner will slide instead of obeying the command to advance.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #821
Rookie

Playing a franchise with the Yankees and just played my first game in Oakland.

I have to say I love the constant drumming crowd noise that plays throughout the game with my surround sound speakers on.

For as much as this game frustrates me with its gameplay...they definitely are unrivaled with it comes to realism and presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #822
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Random
I've had this issue many many times and have captured a few videos of it too. I've made several official bug reports only to have them deleted....not closed deleted.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #823
Rookie

This is such a fun game, but the commentary still seems canned and stale. I hope the show team is paying attention to the news that just broke about Madden commentary!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #824
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Is this game worth buying a PS4 over? Not the biggest baseball fan, but I do enjoy it. I played the show on PS3 I believe the last one I played was the 2012 version. Anyways, thinking about purchasing a PS4 as The Show being the main reason.

Any input is appreciated. (Btw my favorite mode is RTTS)
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »