Home

MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
It seems like The Show might be bringing the Pro to people's attention for the first time, which is awesome, I always figured it could be a system seller if handled right.

We are definitely seeing similar confusion and misunderstandings as when the Pro first launched and I wonder if we need a sticky post to act kinda as a FAQ or "beginners guide" for Show fans looking to research the Pro for the first time. What do you think?
People who have confusion need to hit up rtings.com to understand how 4K, HDR and etc work. It helped me immensely. Yes it's quite a lot of technical jargon and that site explains it all well.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
My greatest curiosities that still remain are:

- What FPS is the HFR mode?
- How much would Boost mode enhance these Pro options, and in what regards does that help assist things?

Way too many factors in play to compare the trade-offs, plus they are apples and oranges. One addresses resolution, and the other addresses color/luminosity.

The real disadvantage to 4K here is the framerate. If you're locked at 30 FPS, the main question becomes whether or not you are okay with that kind of framerate.

HDR won't take a framerate hit, but it may put some input lag on your TV set (some don't have this issue). I can't imagine HDR being an end-all approach though if your set isn't professionally calibrated. That's the only time I would really say that HDR is a go-to for everything.

This isn't a push-or-shove comparison, though. You can have HDR enabled or disabled whether or not you are using 4K. Or are you trying to find out what kind of TV to purchase based on this info here?

Though I don't have Tapatalk, check out this thread for more little hidden features that OS provides. Please add on to it if you know any more, especially with Tapatalk:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ife-hacks.html
I think im gonna get a pro and play on my 1080p tv. I was considering a Samsung ks8000, but I'm more concerned with frame rate. If I get a little graphics improvement to go along with the frame rate boost that will be a bonus.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Willis135; 03-21-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #99
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Damn... I dont know if I wanna fork over $200+ to get a Pro? GS is only offering $150 for trade in for OG PS4 and I have a LG LED 1080p TV.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Damn... I dont know if I wanna fork over $200+ to get a Pro? GS is only offering $150 for trade in for OG PS4 and I have a LG LED 1080p TV.
Yeah. Only $120 for it at Best Buy too.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 3

Been having my Sony W950B fo almost 3 years now. It's 1080p, but I love that the input lag is a very low 17.9ms and I believe that is probably the most important when it comes to a game like the Show. My hitting changed night n day when I got this Tv! But I think I will take the plunge, grab a PS4 Pro this weekend. I'd personally will be very happy playing my game with High Frame rate cause graphics on thes games nowadays are already great to me. I much rather a game that plays silky smooth, no hiccups over lil better graphics anyway! Can't wait for grab my PS4 Pro!!!

Last edited by JBoo2911; 03-17-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #102
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Yeah. Only $120 for it at Best Buy too.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
I honestly don't know if it's worth it... Those face screen shot looked AMAZING on OG PS4, that may be good enough for me... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to tell the difference between OG PS4 and Pro on my 1080P TV.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I honestly don't know if it's worth it... Those face screen shot looked AMAZING on OG PS4, that may be good enough for me... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to tell the difference between OG PS4 and Pro on my 1080P TV.
I didn't think so either but I could see a huge difference in Shadow of Mordor once I got the Pro and before I got my 4K Tv.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #104
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Everyone keeps focusing on graphics. The framerate alone was worth it for me to upgrade.

Of course we do not know if it's gonna be 60 FPS, but with some of the FPS drops in previous iterations, the pro upgrades will be welcomed tremendously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »