Home

MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #113
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hmmm ok... Yea I still don't think I want to pay $200+ for a Pro just for improved visuals, when my OG PS4 is working perfect.
My honest opinion is that you are better off sticking with your OG PS4 if this is how you feel.

With products like the Pro, which are kind of marketed for an "enthusiast" market as an optional upgrade to your gaming experience, if it's not something that jumps out at you as "wow I want that!" then it probably just isn't something you need to worry about buying at the moment. Maybe down the road, with a price cut. If you haven't, I do still recommend trying one out at a Best Buy or Gamstop if they have a display unit going

The Pro is definitely one of those things that people like me will swear by and not regret buying for a second, while others won't ever regret not buying one.

The Show offers some of the most rich, rewarding gameplay around year in and year out. That gameplay will be basically the same on vanilla PS4 and PS4 Pro

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
My honest opinion is that you are better off sticking with your OG PS4 if this is how you feel.

With products like the Pro, which are kind of marketed for an "enthusiast" market as an optional upgrade to your gaming experience, if it's not something that jumps out at you as "wow I want that!" then it probably just isn't something you need to worry about buying at the moment. Maybe down the road, with a price cut. If you haven't, I do still recommend trying one out at a Best Buy or Gamstop if they have a display unit going

The Pro is definitely one of those things that people like me will swear by and not regret buying for a second, while others won't ever regret not buying one.

The Show offers some of the most rich, rewarding gameplay around year in and year out. That gameplay will be basically the same on vanilla PS4 and PS4 Pro
I would normally straight out agree with you here, but there are some caveats.

1) Money: If you don't have the money, it's not worth it. If you have the money, but feel what you have is good enough, don't waste the money...etc.

2) Framerate: Some newer games run with severe frame drops on PS4 but less so on PS4 Pro. The Last Guardian is a good example. Most games are just fine on PS4, like, Horizon Zero Dawn. MLB 16 runs better on the Pro, but I never had a major issue with it on regular PS4 before that. It looks like this year's game will be fine on the PS4.

3) 4K: If you MUST have 4K, well, no brainer. If you don't have a 4K TV though, and you aren't ready to buy both a proper 4K set (not one of the cheapies) & a PS4 Pro, obviously, stick with what you have.

Otherwise, yeah.. I 100% agree with what you posted.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

This post is spot on! The Pro is a considerable upgrade imo (provided you have a 4K TV) but it may not be for everyone. I can't wait to play this game on the Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #116
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoo2911
Been having my Sony W950B fo almost 3 years now. It's 1080p, but I love that the input lag is a very low 17.9ms and I believe that is probably the most important when it comes to a game like the Show. My hitting changed night n day when I got this Tv! But I think I will take the plunge, grab a PS4 Pro this weekend. I'd personally will be very happy playing my game with High Frame rate cause graphics on thes games nowadays are already great to me. I much rather a game that plays silky smooth, no hiccups over lil better graphics anyway! Can't wait for grab my PS4 Pro!!!
I have the 55" W900A that I kept after upgrading to my 65" Samsung KS9000 4k. I've actually played my PRO on it. I can assure you'll have a great experience playing the Show on it using the PS4 PRO.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 03-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #117
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hmmm ok... Yea I still don't think I want to pay $200+ for a Pro just for improved visuals, when my OG PS4 is working perfect.

My thoughts as well. If my original PS4 bites the dust then I may consider picking up a Pro. But I can't justify spending money on a similar console when the one I currently have is working fine

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #118
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Has there been any mention of Sony releasing a video file showing gameplay in the various options that we can download and play on our tvs?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 27

I will now be playing MLB The Show 17 on PS4 Pro. Just not on a 4K TV.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 03-17-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:39 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 3

Picked up my Pro as well today!! Will be playing on my 1080p till next year. Turned on boost mode as well. Played couple games of MLB 16 on this new Pro n a defiantly notice a lot smoother gameplay, n lil crisper visuals. The Frame rate increase n how much nicer infield throws to first was the biggest eye opener. Batting wise the ball comes out the pitchers hand more smoothly to track the pitch a ball or strike. Can't wait till MLB 17!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3495.jpg (64.0 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by JBoo2911; 03-18-2017 at 12:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »