Home

Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2017, 01:10 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

Month of April 2017 Recap : Jon Simmons #39

Apparently i was only in the rotation because of an injury, so after my third start i was moved to the bullpen as a long relief pitcher. Kind of frustrated by this but oh well.

4/10/17 vs Tulsa : W (1-0) 7.0 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO

4/17/17 @ Tulsa : W (2-0) 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 15 SO

4/22/17 vs Corpus Christi : W (3-0) 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 9 SO

4/27/17 @ San Antonio : H (1) 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 SO

4/28/17 @ Corpus Christi : 3.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 SO

4/30/17 @ Corpus Christi : 3.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 6 SO

Side Note: I have noticed our outfielders are really passive. A lot of balls are landing right in front of my outfielders with no dive or lunge attempt to try and catch the ball. Very frustrating because these lead to runs being scored when we should be out of the inning. Anyone else doing a pitcher RTTS and have experienced this.

Last edited by dDinero; 03-30-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:27 AM   #98
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

My rookie year RTTS Left Fielder for the Houston Astro's 2018. Game 7, game tied 3-3 , a game tying three run blast to center take the lead 6-3. Game tied 6-6 top of the eight , a clutch two run blast to center take the lead 8-6 and the 2018 Houston Astro's are now the World Series Champions. That's what I am talking about !!!
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-30-2017, 02:34 AM   #99
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

After the first few games they moved me from SS to DH. Been there almost a month.. I hate it.

But I've been striking out a bit more lately and my hitting coach talks to me about taking a new approach. That's awesome. So far I love PYP.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-30-2017, 02:53 AM   #100
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

So I made a 6'3 shortstop and was drafted #6 overall by the Athletics. Just finished up April and am a 68 overall with some house rules. Basically I capped myself at 65 for the showcase then 70 for this season. I only allowed my self to take attributes up +15 other than Contact vs L as that is my main tool which I did +30. The only exception to the 70 overall rule is whenever my stats start to degrade I can add 1 point to stop the degrading to add a bit more natural progression. I will also allow myself to add +5 points to my overall when I get called up to the majors.

So if I got called up this year I would allow my self to go to a 75 overall. Next year I believe I will set my cap at 75/80 as I dont expect to get called up this year (At least I hope not as an 18 year old haha).

As I said finished up April in AA batting 3rd and after busting out of a slump where my average dipped to the .260's for a few games I am back up to batting .302/.333/.538 with 5 home runs and 26 RBI's.

For the home runs I got off to an insanely hot start and had 4 home runs in my first 10 games, over the next 14 games I only hit 1. I expect that if I stay in AA the entire season I will bat somewhere around .295 with 15-17 home runs and 95-120 RBI's. Although I have been in a 'slump' as far as my power goes I have been producing runs very well over my last few games.

I dont think I will finish the season in AA however I will likely get called up to AAA I just hope I dont get called up to the majors this year or ideally next.

As far as difficulty I put it on Dynamic and I just hit HoF+ hitting only adjustments to sliders were lowering the speed of fastballs by 1 tick and offspeed increased by 1 tick.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:09 AM   #101
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

One thing that bugs me, I'm on 3rd and another on first. He attempts to steal my guy at 3rd automatically dives back to the bag. So when the C throws to 2nd I have no way to try to take home.

Plus I wish the manager would ask for a double steal, or hit and run. Hopefully next year they add those. But the game is awesome..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 05:29 AM   #102
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

My guy started off as a RF drafted by the pirates in the first round I believe 13th overall. Played a bit for the AA team in RF then got moved to 1B. Now I'm in late June 2017 batting. 289 in AAA only 55 overall. Trying to get both of my contacts up to 70 then work on other things. My guy is the worst overall on the AAA team but still hitting better than everyone else. Dynamic difficulty stuck on veteran for hitting. Really enjoying it though!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #103
Rookie

I decided to start fresh on '17 and created a powerful Cuban Shortstop, named Raul Albaladejo. He is 6'4" and 225 lbs, with a lot of muscle. He was drafted by the world champion Cubs with the last pick of the second round and assigned to AA with the Tennessee Smokies. He has not struggle with the transition to American baseball, as of the 29th of July he is slashing ,.292/.344/.558. In the process he has hit a league leading 20 Hrs and a staggering 78 RBIs.

On the defensive side things haven't been quite as smooth, with the Cubs concerned by his mobility at SS with such a stocky frame. He was moved to the outfield after about 3 weeks, and the outfield experiment only lasted about 2 before he was made the DH of the team. If Raul hopes to make it to the Cubs one day he will need to find a defensive position, but at the moment the Cubs don't seem overly concerned about that.

At the age of just 18, it seems that the sky truly is the limit for the latest sensation to defect from Cuba.

(Currently playing on dynamic difficulty and currently sitting on Hall of fame hitting. Have to say that this year's game is fantastic!)
Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 4

I created a CF and they moved him to second base, i'm in my second season and am the starting second basemen and it's not looking like I'll ever get back in the outfield.

Not happy about this at all - I don't even have an option to ask to move back to the outfield

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »